auction pics

cspeedy

finally!bought at auction last night.
unfortunately will take 8 weeks not 6 as i thought :( to ship over
oh well will take the time to get some tips from you guys on what to do first so ill be ready 8) :lol:
cant wait to post some proper pics

Attachments

cspeedy

hmm

it does say acura on the auction spec sheet which is mostly in japanese

does the badging imply a different specification/setup.
it'll be interesting being a bit different 8)

kingston

Advanced Member
nah not really, (or as far as i know), its abit like the Yanks putting Honda badges on their DC5's even though they get the Acura RSX (therefore have acura badges)

also looks as if its been lowered....

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
I can confirm the wait is hell!!

Coming to end of my wait - mine arrived in UK on 8th and getting it in around 4 weeks. 8)

Just take the time to read all the info here on them and plan everything! try not to look at photo's too often though as realy makes the time go slow!

pjonline

How much did you pay if you dont mind me asking?
also whats the spec?
Who did you use?

Sorry im a nosey fu***r! :lol:

cspeedy

pm'd you pj.
have been researching the badging.From what i've found all JDM integras were badged honda.
The Acura RSX has a slightly lower power output, 200 bhp from what i've found online and is the US version of the type r.
its a bit strange considering acura is only sold in the states(or so i thought) that i have acura badges.and would be quite peeved if i didnt get the full 220(unlikely to be the case i realize)
Any thoughts would be appreciated .
maybe it's considered more prestigious in japan cos acura is considered a luxury brand?
Apart from the badging, it does say type r on the side and in the spec sheet,just paranoid i guess.
cheers

Suped

Advanced Member
try get some pics of the engine bay to make your the engine is a red top. If the colour is grey, then rid of the car!!! :lol:

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
A quick lesson :wink:

From the Pics it's RHD... the yanks drive on the left :!:

Also, having spent sometime last year with Japanese DC5 owners.. some people do 'badge' cars different. It's a trend with Honda's to badge them up as Acura (I wouldn't myself though) :!:

Mike

Also.... RSX does not get a high level rear spoiler nor Recaro Seats

cspeedy

thanks for the reassurance MJ, i didnt really think it was an Acura rsx,just though there might be some dodgy variant available on the jap market which i'd get stuck with.
Personally i like the idea of acura badges.Honda badged integras are rare enough,and acura isnt sold in ireland so the extra novelty value is appealing.makes my baby more exotic.cant wait

fenomeno26

Advanced Member
RSX , or Acuras come only as LHD. So it cant be an RSX. The Type S usually comes with non recaro seats and leather but the the rims are different too, and no brembos. Acura is the luxury brand of Honda, like Lexus for Toyota..the Type S has sunroof and leather in most trims .