Aussie ITR Discs?

juliusdx

Hi ppl, I'm pretty new to the scene so please be a bit more patient with me ok? :lol: I recently bought a 2002 ITR (I'm in Melbourne Australia) and I noticed the front discs are "Harrop" instead of Brembo? Has anyone heard of Harrop? the guy whom I bought the car from said it's standard in Aust ITRs..... the brakes are squeking now after hard braking but the sound's gone after awhile.. is this normal???

hannan

From what I can tell from the aussie website, ITR in australia, have smaller 16" wheels hence they may have different brakes as they are also down on the power. I would recommend you go and see your local honda dealer to confirm.

hannan

From what I can tell from the aussie website, ITR in australia, have smaller 16" wheels hence they may have different brakes as they are also down on the power. I would recommend you go and see your local honda dealer to confirm.

loanshark

Same brakes?

Well, by now you've probably found www.harrop.com.au They're a big name in aftermarket race/performance parts, as most Aussies would know.

There is also DBA (Disk Brakes Australia) making OE std and better brake rotors. See following link for DC5 and earlier listings, including dimensions. They have a great reputation also.

http://www.dba.com.au/dba_catalogue_200 ... /Honda.pdf

They quote 300mm diameter "fits Brembo caliper" setup.

Can't really comment about your squealing, but it dosn't sound real bad. You can mess around with anti-vibration clips and glues to hold the pad completely still in the caliper, but often it comes down to pad compound (new/different pads) and a freshly machined (or brand new if it's getting thin) disk, which is kinda expensive if the current parts still have lots of life in them.