B Pipe Options - Kakimoto (advice wanted)

ekg

Advanced Member
I have a Kakimoto Regu cat back system. Earlier this year I pulled the baffles out of the centre section because they had collapsed inside.

Now its too loud. What options do I have?

- Take it off and get baffles put back in? Not sure how much this would be or even if its possible?
- Could I get an OEM or other aftermarket B Pipe to fit with my Kakimoto backbox?

Any help appreciated.

Chewy

Advanced Member
Jimmer has a Kakimoto mid-pipe for sale at a great price.

Same position as yourself in regards to having been gutted i believe, but it's a genuine Kakimoto item.

Get one re-packed and leave the other as is and then you have the best of both worlds, a loud and a quiet option should you ever want it and might up the resale value should you ever sell it as a bundle.

ekg

Advanced Member
I'll give jimmer a shout. I take it each manufacturer will fit slightly different so it's not as easy as getting any b pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chewy

Advanced Member
Not many exhausts are compatible with one another.

Would have to be either fix the current or get a custom pipe made.

ekg

Advanced Member
I'm going to try get my kaki b pipe repaired. Does anyone know if there are any b pipes that would fit to a kaki back box?

Also would oem b pipe and back box fit to a tegiwa manifold as a temporary solution?

Chewy

Advanced Member
ekg said:
I'm going to try get my kaki b pipe repaired. Does anyone know if there are any b pipes that would fit to a kaki back box?

Also would oem b pipe and back box fit to a tegiwa manifold as a temporary solution?

Yes, Tegiwa manifold is compatible with the OEM backbox and B-pipe.

ekg

Advanced Member
Ok no one seems to want to fix the kaki b pipe without chopping it up and welding a new section in. I'm not keen on that.

Is there ANYONE on here running the Regu 06 back box with a different b pipe??

p1tse

Advanced Member
I think you'll have to go custom new or get new silencer put back in

I'm surprised yours would be that loud as I thought the kaki is near oem and some run an unsilenced b pipe to the oem back box

Chewy

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
I think you'll have to go custom new or get new silencer put back in

I'm surprised yours would be that loud as I thought the kaki is near oem and some run an unsilenced b pipe to the oem back box
OEM backbox silencer is like 3-4 times bigger than the Kaki so most of the silencing happens in the OEM backbox.

That's why you can get away with mating an unsilenced B-pipe to the OEM backbox and not have it be too loud.

If you look at the size of a Kakimoto silencer on the B-pipe compared to the OEM B-pipe, the Kaki's us much larger - So reverse effect as such.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I too had a kaki system, and in both the centre section and backbox the baffles had collapsed completely. Now after having them taken out it was very very loud. Now ive had the baffles fixed in the backbox purely by having it cut open. Its the only way im afraid. I am yet to try it out though as they didn't quite get my memo and they haven't put silence material in. Im going to get it done again when I have some spare cash along with the centre section. Ive tried selling it but zero interest, so I will just pull it, cut it up myself and get it re welded. Don't car how that looks as its right underneath, but the backbox can be done fairly neat. But yeah it's going to be fairly costly. Im only doing it as its a rare peice, the system is the full mega N1. Not seen or heard of another before apart from Dan34 who had one on his silver teg when he took ownership. It came over on the car so I suppose its more centimental and can't bring myself to scrap it, lol the welds are really thin and wear quick on kakimoto systems, thr salt over here doesn't help much either..... but it can be done and with better more purposeful welds. . Anything can be fixed, its just money.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Heres mine Patch. As Chewy says, bugger rear silencer. With it removed it did sound something else but lost its kaki charm. Just ruined it.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I'd rather get it repaired than re-fabricated. But unsure, its an odd shaped chamber....I guess most exhaust places only have generic shaped silencers

p1tse

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
I'd rather get it repaired than re-fabricated. But unsure, its an odd shaped chamber....I guess most exhaust places only have generic shaped silencers
That's fair enough
I have no knowledge about chambers etc.

ekg

Advanced Member
Thanks for that jimmer. I'm going to try a few fabricators and see who will take it on.

It definitely does lose the kaki charm with no baffles although I'm pretty sure the backbox is fine.

Slightly off topic, if I stick OEM catback on in the meantime am I going to have any issues with kpro map?

p1tse

Advanced Member
I would imagine you'll be fine with swapping out to oem cat back; but if it's a concern I'll happily swap for the kpro lol