Back in a DC5, Hampshire owner.

Ryanj1993

Advanced Member
Well that didn't last long..

After selling my Blue PFL back in June along with my rotrex kit for another big powered Focus RS i find myself behind the wheel of another DC5.

This time is a FL in white :)

The car was bought off Nate who was on the forum and has been tweaked tastefully so far with the addition of Bilstein's and a carbon dipped interior, other than that she's OEM.

Car is absolutely mint and only has 54k on the clock so im very happy with her.

Who else is local still? FYI i'm on the Hampshire/Berks/Surrey border in Fleet.

Ryan

DC5Curn

Advanced Member
Lol that didnt last long.

What Mk FRS did you have? A Mk2 is an itch Ive always wanted to scratch

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
How come the change? As Curn says as someone who's always been a fan of the Mk2 RS ever since it torque steerer Jeremy Clarkson to death on top gear 😂, I'd be curious to hear why back down 200bhp to a teg?

Ryanj1993

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
How come the change? As Curn says as someone who's always been a fan of the Mk2 RS ever since it torque steerer Jeremy Clarkson to death on top gear , I'd be curious to hear why back down 200bhp to a teg?
Having 450hp and 500ft/lb through the front wheels in a car that weighs 1.5 tonne is only good for one thing, straight line pulls in 3rd and above, other than that its a fairly pointless car. It shreds through tyres, eats brake pads and handles like a school bus, plus the fact that they get stolen so easy makes it uncomfortable to leave it anywhere.

Yes the sound is intoxicating and they look awesome, but after driving my teg on track i missed having a car i can drive at 10/10th's. The DC5 is a far more rewarding car to drive and just puts a smile on your face in places the RS can't. Driving fast in a straight line gets boring.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Ryanj1993 said:
Having 450hp and 500ft/lb through the front wheels in a car that weighs 1.5 tonne is only good for one thing, straight line pulls in 3rd and above, other than that its a fairly pointless car. It shreds through tyres, eats brake pads and handles like a school bus, plus the fact that they get stolen so easy makes it uncomfortable to leave it anywhere.

Yes the sound is intoxicating and they look awesome, but after driving my teg on track i missed having a car i can drive at 10/10th's. The DC5 is a far more rewarding car to drive and just puts a smile on your face in places the RS can't. Driving fast in a straight line gets boring.
Thanks for the reply mate. Sounds very understandable although I don't think RSOC or STOC would like to hear that 😂

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ryanj1993

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Thanks for the reply mate. Sounds very understandable although I don't think RSOC or STOC would like to hear that

They all get a bit butt hurt over there, its all good though as the old man still has a MK2 RS.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Ryanj1993 said:
They all get a bit butt hurt over there, its all good though as the old man still has a MK2 RS.
To be fair that's all forums. If someone said to us a RS was better than the DC5 we would be defending it. Good to still have one in the fleet mate :). Nates car looked a beauty. Enjoy!