BALL JOINTS/ RCA

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
Morning fellow VTEC'rs haha.

Quick question. My lower ball joints are on way out so was thinking of changing them. I Was going to order via TORQUE GT, so was going to get either the buddyclub or hardrace RCA. (Does anyone ha e any experience or info on these?)
I've got oem wheels and mugen showa dampers/springs.

Also thinking of polybushing all suspension.
How many hours labour/cost you reckon to polybush suspension and change the ball joints at a garage will be as dont have time to do myself lol.

Cheers peeps :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

88TEG

I went with Tegiwa ball joints as I couldn't justify the cost for something more expensive, they seem to suit my suspension quite well so far (same as your mugen showa)

Polybush you definitely need garage to look into as you need a press to get the stubborn old ones out! worth doing though to tighten up the feel of the car

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
88TEG said:
I went with Tegiwa ball joints as I couldn't justify the cost for something more expensive, they seem to suit my suspension quite well so far (same as your mugen showa)

Polybush you definitely need garage to look into as you need a press to get the stubborn old ones out! worth doing though to tighten up the feel of the car
A days labour for both you reckon ?
or a days labour for suspension on it's own?

88TEG

I reckon you can get both done in a days work no problem, barring any snags on the way

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
88TEG said:

You reckon the RCA made a diffrence?

88TEG

My OEM ones were split and causing a knock so yes quite notable for me, your current ones might be in better state

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
88TEG said:
My OEM ones were split and causing a knock so yes quite notable for me, your current ones might be in better state
Torque GT imported my car in 2018. They said on MOT. A suspension bush was starting to perish as was a ball joint boot.

Havnt touched them.
Took it to honda for MOT last year and they never picked up on either of them? From what I can see the ball joints look fine....but I dont have a ramp. Soooo I'm more inclined to go with torques check. Would you agree?

88TEG

It‘s hard to say without seeing it in full but if it‘s driving fine then you‘re probably ok for now. How‘s the handling at the moment?

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
Feels fine tbh, apart from i get alot of bump steer. Yourself?

Fez

Advanced Member
Ive had buddyclubs fitted for about 3 years with no issues.

Im not a fan of hardrace.