Best bolt on Mods

legend

I'm fairly new to the dc5, having my type s for only a week, and I was wondering what the best bolt ons were. I was also lookin at a hondata ecu flash and was wondering what you guys think of those.

Thanks

Nate

Mr_GaBIG

Yo Nate Dogg,

Nothing out there is the best, everything has its own qualities, it is best for you to search on this forum as there a few dyno results from various DC5 owners which may make your own mind up.

Always take your time when buying items for your car, never rush :D

legend

That's funny, everyone on message boards calls me nate dogg :D

The hondata ECU is what I'm really interested in, I've heard that if you do it, you can even run on regular gas.....any truth in this?

Nate

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Hi mate

What do you mean that you "never run on regular gas"

With Hondata you can run on 95 Ron if you want .. the cheap stuff.. or you can still use Super or opti.

As for the mod, yeah I think its a great mod to get a little more power out of your car.. plus if later on you decide to add more mods, exhaust, headers etc then you can upgrade your hondata to the K20 Pro re programmable jobby

UW

legend

I cleared up the "regular gas" issue. I had read on other boards that you could run it on 87 octane vs the 91 that is required. I got ahold of someone who told me it couldn't be done....which made me feel better because I was pretty sure it couldn't be done either.

JT

Wow... you mean you can run on 95 octane no ping? Need to get me a Hondata ECU. Mugen N1 seems to get the engine pinging big time.

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
As soon as I went over to a Hondata ECU, I went and ran on 95 without any issue.

I'm now running the K-Pro with an SC , again with 95.

I have the reflash ECU for sale BTW, now looking for £300 or £600ish if it is converted to K-Pro (this is now none exchange)

Mike