Best engine oil??

delsoljon86

Advanced Member
With regards to the millers is there any noticeable difference between the yellow nano drive and the red?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rom

Advanced Member
I've ran Mobil 1 0/40, Millers nanodrive, and Petronas Syntium.

Nanodrive is the only one that I had to top up. Go figure. I'll be sticking with Petronas from now on.

As said, as long as it's good quality oil, you can run a wide range. What Honda recommend, doesn't have to be used by every dealer, they have leeway, it's their franchise at the end of the day.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
On a side note, when I bought my CRX VTEC it was on about 120k miles and when my dad and I inspected it it had no oil, I'm talking zero oil. I wanted the car so bad I still bought it. Hammered it every single day in the redline and it had zero impact on the engine. Sold it some two years later and the lad had owned several CRX in the past and he said he'd never been in one that goes so well. So what I'm trying to get at is any oil is better than no oil however it's a testament to Honda engines as most other cars would have blown up by then. Lol

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Opie oils normally but it's an expensive oil no matter where you get it from. Tegiwa sell it too.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
My car hasn't long had an oil change with Millers Nanodrive CFS however I've always topped it up with 1 litre bottles of Castrol Edge from Asda at £15 a pop which isn't the cheapest.

I looked through various oils on Opie's site yesterday and I've bought 5 litres of this stuff as it works out cheaper and is Ester based too, so similar to what's already in the car , it's Motul Sport 5w40 Ester oil.

Not a bad price really, says there's £23 off the normal price at the moment.

https://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-81849-motul-sport-5w-40-ester-synthetic-car-engine-oil.aspx

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
spooke said:
5w-40 is the OEM choice, TGM and a few guys on here are actually running 10w-60. I use Motul Sport Ester 5w-40 in mine.
Hey Spooke

How do find this oil, do you rate it? I've never put Motul stuff in mine before.