Best performance track legal exhaust

dotty

Advanced Member
3” would be better if you have forced induction.

You can‘t go wrong with the following on a DC5 (which i tried and tested)

Twinloop (yep despite the video on youtube stating other wise)
Amuse ti (good luck finding one) but £££
Fujitsubo Rm01a
Spoon b pipe and n1! (Noisy though)

Avoid

Buddyclub. / js racing - as it will inevitably fall apart.

Fd2

Toda is very very good.

Mebz

Advanced Member
In typical forum fashion, I will be ignoring all advice from the guys on here with years of experience with Hondas and will be ordering a 3" solid fab exhaust with a solid fab big bore manifold.... oops I already have.

In my defence I normally go down the handling route, but because my DC5 is totally standard, I felt it could do with a bit more drama and noise adds lots of drama. Things did escalate a little in the pursuit of noise and money could have been spent in better areas but eh oh, this is life.

BigCarlo

Mebz said:
In typical forum fashion, I will be ignoring all advice from the guys on here with years of experience with Hondas and will be ordering a 3" solid fab exhaust with a solid fab big bore manifold.... oops I already have.
How are you ignoring all the advice? Loads have said 3 inch gives the best performance.

DC5Curn

Advanced Member
dotty said:
3” would be better if you have forced induction.

You can‘t go wrong with the following on a DC5 (which i tried and tested)

Twinloop (yep despite the video on youtube stating other wise)
Amuse ti (good luck finding one) but £££
Fujitsubo Rm01a
Spoon b pipe and n1! (Noisy though)

Avoid

Buddyclub. / js racing - as it will inevitably fall apart.

Fd2

Toda is very very good.
I was going to order a titanium Amuse but decided against it after reading all the complaints of cracking / spliting. Not sure how accurate they are but its something you wouldnt want to be worrying about when spending a small fortune. Apparently they weigh sweet FA!

Only heard good things about the Toda system and manifold

Regarding the 3" system, mine was delivered to TDI this morning so Ill be able to give an accurate idea of gains. I like Midnight had a Kaki previously and think it was the reason I couldnt get decent gains. However like others have said the car drove fine with it on.

Torque GT

Parts Trader
Fujitsubo have been making exhausts for decades. They fastidiously test everything to create an exhaust that offers the best balance between performance and usability, using knowledge they've gained over the 30-odd years they've been in business. Unlike quite a few of the other big Japanese brands, they still make their systems in Japan and even manufacture stuff for the big OE tuning houses, which then gets re-branded with an extra £500 slapped on top for good measure.

Call me bias, but if I'm spending close to a £1k on an exhaust, I'd rather have something that's been made by a company with credentials like that, over anything else.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Torque GT said:
Fujitsubo have been making exhausts for decades. They fastidiously test everything to create an exhaust that offers the best balance between performance and usability, using knowledge they've gained over the 30-odd years they've been in business. Unlike quite a few of the other big Japanese brands, they still make their systems in Japan and even manufacture stuff for the big OE tuning houses, which then gets re-branded with an extra £500 slapped on top for good measure.

Call me bias, but if I'm spending close to a £1k on an exhaust, I'd rather have something that's been made by a company with credentials like that, over anything else.
Baised. 😂. Just joking the RMAO1 looks absolutely quality.

Midnight

Advanced Member
Torque GT said:

Vauxhall spend multi millions developing their cars, doesn't mean the Adam will beat a Noble in a race.

Tongue in cheek! Lol.

DC5Curn

Advanced Member
Midnight said:
Vauxhall spend multi millions developing their cars, doesn't mean the Adam will beat a Noble in a race.

Tongue in cheek! Lol.
I was also thinking that the exhausts are developed for a standard powered car rather than a modified one which could explain why they start choking when tuned. Just a thought?

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Torque GT said:

Couldn't of said it better. 100% quality.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
DC5Curn said:
I was also thinking that the exhausts are developed for a standard powered car rather than a modified one which could explain why they start choking when tuned. Just a thought?
Could well be a valid point sir.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Your biased too ;)
There's no doubting Fujitsubo, they have such good credibility and the quality of the exhausts are second to none. When I fitted mine I couldn't believe how well it went on. End of the day people will go for what they prefer.

I'll leave this on the fact the RM-01A is in no way restrictive, and it doesn't 'choke' the car. The exhausts listed above are perfectly fine on cars with modifications. Only the Kaki seems to be ever so slightly restrictive which I'm sure could be fixed with a bigger and better flowing B-pipe.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:
There's no doubting Fujitsubo, they have such good credibility and the quality of the exhausts are second to none. When I fitted mine I couldn't believe how well it went on. End of the day people will go for what they prefer.

I'll leave this on the fact the RM-01A is in no way restrictive, and it doesn't 'choke' the car. The exhausts listed above are perfectly fine on cars with modifications. Only the Kaki seems to be ever so slightly restrictive which I'm sure could be fixed with a bigger and better flowing B-pipe.

Hehe

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Indi

Advanced Member
LOL at people that are saying you won't gain any bhp going from RM01a to 3" you'd at least gain 3-5bhp on an N/A application never mind FI. It's tried and tested throughout the years and I've known people who have done back to back tests over the years. Cat back does play an important role, it's not just about the manifold as we're not on about any old engine here it's about k20 and k20 loves to breathe ask any well known tuner.

Indi

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
I don't think anyone is saying that.
'Just because an exhaust is 3" doesn't mean it will out perform a smaller diameter exhaust, if you go from a small pipe to a larger pipe that actually decreases flow.'

?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
That quote is actually partly correct Indi, the velocity of exhaust gasses flowing in a 3” pipe will actually be slower than that of a 2.5” pipe. Back pressure comes into play on the smaller diameter which creates a scavenging effect in the combustion chamber.

All about a fine balance, a smaller diameter exhaust should be better for performance in the lower rev range, ideally more suited to a road going car. 3” will produce better peak hp figures yet will sacrifice low-mid range torque and hp. Particularly important on a NA car, less so for force induction, especially turbocharged cars where back pressure is to be avoided.

Indi

Advanced Member
That quote is actually partly correct Indi, the velocity of exhaust gasses flowing in a 3” pipe will actually be slower than that of a 2.5” pipe. Back pressure comes into play on the smaller diameter which creates a scavenging effect in the combustion chamber.

All about a fine balance, a smaller diameter exhaust should be better for performance in the lower rev range, ideally more suited to a road going car. 3” will produce better peak hp figures yet will sacrifice low-mid range torque and hp. Particularly important on a NA car, less so for force induction, especially turbocharged cars where back pressure is to be avoided.
I'm yet to see a graph of back to back test where a smaller ID exhaust works better than a decent built 3". I think OP was about gaining peak performance anyway.

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46317

That's just one thread but if you take a look on that forum there's a lot of back to back tests. Also when speaking to a well know 'Honda world' tuner I was told 3" is always the way to go if chasing figures.

Midnight

Advanced Member
As already stated, isn't it interesting that most the people that are saying 2.5" have no proof or not even tried a 3" system.

No doubting aftermarket 2.5" exhausts are great and deliver good power, but the best? No!

EFI are maybe the best mappers in the UK, have seen all types of exhausts and Chris in short said the quicker the exhaust gases escape the better the car will perform. A lot of variables but in short 3">2.5">2.1". I also think people get confused between true ID and overal dimension...

Original question was, what's the best track friendly performance exhausts simply put its some sort of 3" system.

As the extra weight is not rotational mass 10-15kg can be negated by taking spare wheel out or something similar.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
LOL at people not reading what I put! It's simple flow mechanics. Also when did I say a smaller diameter would 'out perform' a larger? All I said was I'd rather my exhaust fit, not drone and pass noise tests for the sake of 3-5bhp not 30.