Best place to get RE070's?

Reggie91

Advanced Member
On the hunt for new tyres and was wondering where people are getting their tyres from and if anyone recommends a certain place?

The cheapest I found is camskill's which is around 68quid a tyre plus 13quid delivery. Anywhere cheaper?

p1tse

Advanced Member
Worth ringing around some local places as at times they can stock in cheaper and you won't have to worry about delivery costs

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
I just went to my usual local place. They ordered them in, fitted same day, job done.

Think it was £350 all in, valves, fitted, balance, etc etc. Easy but slightly more expensive option.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Thanks chaps. Im gonna ask a few tyre places on the weekend.

Im tempted to get Ad08's =P

integraleo

Advanced Member
Tyre leader is usually same price as camskill but free delivery saving a few quid. I hate the fact I can't get re070s on my megane...it's a huge disappointment. I can get Ad08s in the size I need 235 40 18 but will probably try pilot cup 4s. If re070s were in my size I'd never buy another tyre lol

spooke

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
Went for AD08Rs in the end. 367quid and im going to get a mate to fit them
Great choice, you will be amazed at how good they are, even better after a good scrub on track! :D

subtronics

Advanced Member
I got a full set fitted for £298, a place in Harrogate my mates run. :)

If anyone in local area needs tyres, let me know!

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
AD08R's are a better tyre than RE070, you'll love them.

Tyre leader is usually same price as camskill but free delivery saving a few quid. I hate the fact I can't get re070s on my megane...it's a huge disappointment. I can get Ad08s in the size I need 235 40 18 but will probably try pilot cup 4s. If re070s were in my size I'd never buy another tyre lol
There's no such tyre as a Pilot Sport Cup 4, there's a PS4 and a Cup 2. I wouldn't put PS4 and AD08R/RE070 in the same category.

Rage_DC5

Advanced Member
I purchased mine from Amazon, as they were the cheapest i could find them for at the time!

..Might be worth a look,

Ross

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
AD08R's are a better tyre than RE070, you'll love them.

There's no such tyre as a Pilot Sport Cup 4, there's a PS4 and a Cup 2. I wouldn't put PS4 and AD08R/RE070 in the same category.
Any experience of the PS4's Chris?

I'm debating them or AD08R's, car is a year round daily but concerned over the AD08R's wear rate and also a combination of winter/sub zero/standing water performance....

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Any experience of the PS4's Chris?

I'm debating them or AD08R's, car is a year round daily but concerned over the AD08R's wear rate and also a combination of winter/sub zero/standing water performance....
Drove my Evo with PS3 on for around 6 months and drove my mates Evo V with PS4 on a couple of times.

The PS4 and AD08R are a different class of tyre. You should really be looking between the Pilot Sport Cup 2's and AD08R (unsure of Cpu 2 sizes), the PS4 is more in line with the Advan Sport V105.

Personally I think AD08R are great for all year round, just don't go expecting to set any speed records in the wet and take extra precautions.

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
Went for the RE070 in the end as I was sick of going round in circles trying to make my mind up, seems a common choice with reasonable wear rates, I don't drive it particularly hard anyhow as it's my daily and don't think I'll see the benefit of having the AD08R's, or the downfall of the RE070's wet performance.

£305 Delivered from Blackcircles for all 4 corners.....