Big Brake Kit Options

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
I have TGM's F50 kit. Bigger brembo calipers. 332mm tarox floating disks. Pagid RS29 pads.

They work well.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Linus27

Advanced Member
kazmo said:
thought you had tgm's f50 kit linus27? was no good..?
I did and it was an incredible brake kit but I think about 2 - 3 years ago I sold it as the car went back to standard. I stopped doing track days as all my time was spent gigging and doing music. I'm now cutting back on the music next year and will be doing track days again and will make the Teg more track focused. Thankfully it's just brakes and suspension that I need.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Linus27 said:
Hi Carl, I'll be interested in what you end up getting brake wise. My Teggy is going more track focused again and all that's left is a set of Bilstein B16/B14's and brakes. Tom did mention Megane brakes as an option but it was only a passing comment. I'll be talking to him again over the next few week to firm up what to get.
Literally had this chat with him a few weeks back. It comes down to what you can afford. He said a BBK is definitely worth it even if a cheaper brand like yellowspeed or k sport etc as long as the discs are bigger as that has the biggest impact. Obviously if you can afford in then racing brembos or APs

TomNorris

Advanced Member
Don't let it bother you Carl, a lot of people know you're one of the few who really know what you're talking about and greatly value your opinion and input.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

TomNorris

Advanced Member
Reggie, out of curiosity, why is it you're actually upgrading? Have you had some issues with the brembos or is it more a case or they need changing so you might as well upgrade?

Reggie91

Advanced Member
TomNorris said:
Reggie, out of curiosity, why is it you're actually upgrading? Have you had some issues with the brembos or is it more a case or they need changing so you might as well upgrade?

Literally that mate. My cars becoming more and more track orientated and my oem brakes now need changing after the last track day where they did overheat, so thought it would be a good opportunity to upgrade. Think I will go for the yellowspeeds just maybe early next year

TomNorris

Advanced Member
Ahh interesting. I've had my brakes overheat a couple of times but thought this could usually be solved by changing pads, fluid and lines?

Anyway, I'm interested to get the feedback on the replacements vs the oem brembos.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
TomNorris said:
Ahh interesting. I've had my brakes overheat a couple of times but thought this could usually be solved by changing pads, fluid and lines?

Anyway, I'm interested to get the feedback on the replacements vs the oem brembos.
What pads are you using?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

TomNorris

Advanced Member
To be honest mate I'm not too sure.
They're whatever came on the car - it was only imported in April and has only covered about 4500 miles since.

I plan on upgrading the brakes in spring, I believe PBS pads or dixcel should be better, that and some braided lines and better fluid.

The car is only used for (very) fast road driving but shall be seeing some occasional track action too next year so just after something more consistent which can stand hard use for longer.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
TomNorris said:
They're whatever came on the car - it was only imported in April and has only covered about 4500 miles since.

I plan on upgrading the brakes in spring, I believe PBS pads or dixcel should be better, that and some braided lines and better fluid.

The car is only used for (very) fast road driving but shall be seeing some occasional track action too next year so just after something more consistent which can stand hard use for longer.

If you want some Dixel ES pads (fast road and good for track also) I have a front set hardly used sitting here goon cheap (done about 1k Miles ish at max before removal)

SamDC5

Advanced Member
TomNorris said:

I've been using PBS pads for a year straight with RPB discs and they've been really good. I've never felt fade while on track and I've done multiple tracks this year including the Nurburgring and Nurburgring GP.

Would recommend PBS all day long.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
TomNorris said:
Hi Carl,
How come you stopped using them? What are you running now?
Morning mate, my cars a track only car now (road legalmfor now) but only used on track so I have project mu 800+ which tbh are shocking until up to temp

TomNorris

Advanced Member
What we're you running on the back with the dixcels up front?

carl hammond

Advanced Member
TomNorris said:
What we're you running on the back with the dixcels up front?

I ran dixel Es all round and still have Es on the rear mate but oem or similar would be fine on the rear

The Es are a very good progressive pad

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I‘ve had both the dixel and PBS...night and day difference with the PBS.

Dusty though, but work great from cold. Incredible when hot. And like Sam has said above, zero fade on track...just seem to get stronger and stronger. Recently did a trip the the ring and spa, and an ex DC5 owner came with his FD and new dixels. He Has since been looking to change. I‘ve got the dixel I took out sat in the garage thinking I‘d put them back in but tbh, I don‘t see the point. Now I‘m used to these I‘m going to struggle to go backwards, but it does all depend on what you decide to do with the car.

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
Do Wilwood do big brake kits for the dc5? I have them on my garaged Sierra Cosworth and they are well sorted.