Big Brake Kit Options

badeshi

Advanced Member
I thought i would just add to this thread. I have set of yellow speed bbk which have been on quite a while (previous owner fitted them before 2015) I have just put new set of discs and pads and while the performance of them has been good and quality is fine there was a lot of corrosion and compressed brake dust/dirt in the caliper which meant the pads were jammed in and new pads wouldn't fit without a lot of cleaning and scraping.
Also the outside pads were fully worn while inside much less....
Anyway they still work fine... Maybe I need a better cleaning schedule!

Reggie91

Advanced Member
I thought i would just add to this thread. I have set of yellow speed bbk which have been on quite a while (previous owner fitted them before 2015) I have just put new set of discs and pads and while the performance of them has been good and quality is fine there was a lot of corrosion and compressed brake dust/dirt in the caliper which meant the pads were jammed in and new pads wouldn't fit without a lot of cleaning and scraping.
Also the outside pads were fully worn while inside much less....
Anyway they still work fine... Maybe I need a better cleaning schedule!
Do you happen to have pictures of the corrosion/condition of them after 5 years? I thought they had an annodised finish from the look of them.

Have you tested them on track? What are the options for pads?

badeshi

Advanced Member
Hi, sorry for slow reply I saw this a week or so ago and started looking for pics...

I do have some I will dig out.

To be fair everything went back together ok and touch wood has been working fine.

The pads are same as an ap racing so there are quite a few options especially for track.

I have only had mine on road but using ferodo ds2500 pads which I was dubious of for some reason but now would say they are great! Very strong and predictable

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk