Black DC5 owners.....

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
How do people really find them to keep clean?

I have had 2 black cars since i sold the DC5 as they always look so nice when clean but the amount of dirt etc does start to annoy me.

How does the black DC5 look dirty? and how do owners find living with the fact it must get dirty so easily?

logik

Advanced Member
I can't comment on the Black DC5 but i can imagine that it would be the harder of the colours to keep clean?

I am driving a CW DC5 and it is hard to keep clean. Every week without fail i do:

1) Full Interior clean with Hoover and Meguiars Interior Cleaner.
2) Engine Bay Clean (This is a general clean, nothing major)
3) Full Wash with Meguiars Next Gen Wash
4) Every now and then i apply a coat of Meguiars Tech Wax to protect and give the car a good look.

All in all, the DC5 is not easy to keep clean no matter what colour you own, but then again i am a perfectionist, which annoys alot of people i know :p

tedg

Advanced Member
jimmy_atr said:

I have had 2 black cars since i sold the DC5 as they always look so nice when clean but the amount of dirt etc does start to annoy me.

How does the black DC5 look dirty? and how do owners find living with the fact it must get dirty so easily?
Mine is always a dirty little minx :twistednod

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
logik said:
I can't comment on the Black DC5 but i can imagine that it would be the harder of the colours to keep clean?

I am driving a CW DC5 and it is hard to keep clean. Every week without fail i do:

4) Every now and then i apply a coat of Meguiars Tech Wax to protect and give the car a good look.

All in all, the DC5 is not easy to keep clean no matter what colour you own, but then again i am a perfectionist, which annoys alot of people i know :p
you do that every week!?! even in winter?

I thought i was cleanaholic but thats better than me!

With my Red one i could leave it weeks and although it looked less shiny it would still look clean. Once cleaned you could tell the difference but wasnt so bad. With black ive found you wash it and after the next drive you can clearly see the dirt :(

logik

Advanced Member
Yeah every weekend i do it. Even if there is rain due later that day. I cant handle having the car to dirty :p

Gaz_Ek4

Advanced Member
logik said:

How do you feel the need to clean the interior everyweek? Are you living in there? lol

logik

Advanced Member
Haha nah, Its just habit mate. I mean it takes all of 10 minutes to do, so why not do it?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Doesn't look too bad with a but of muck on it. I clean mine every two weeks or there abouts.

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Yeah, it ain't great as the slightest bit of spray mucks it up, but then that's the price you have to pay for having by far the best colour (assuming you don't have OEM rims on, which look a bit crap on a black car IMO). 8)

tedg

Advanced Member
"Black DC5 owners....."

Not many people from the forum has met me... and i have to be honest... I am as white as a mozzarella ball

Hope4sun

jimmy_atr said:

After having a few black cars and the R34 was a big black car to have to clean, and with my OCD for cleaning cars, my soultion use to keep her cleaner for a while but you can't win in the long run i'm afraid

Dirt sticks, so the first thing you need to do is get the factory glass finish back, so was her top to toes then:

Wash each panel and dry, caly bar, then cleanse with HD cleanser, then apply a layer of Zymol wax (or any wax with over 30% carnauba wax in it), once you have done every panel, then reapply another coat or too of wax.

The car will go 4-6 weeks in the winter with out even any salt sticking and if you use natural products to clean her again the wax stays on and builds up protection :). Takes a lot of elbow grease those.

I could go into removing wheels, wheel liners and bumpers for that extra new look, but i think the doctors will be on there way lol

Allen

Advanced Member
I try to wash my car every Sat morning, just seems to feel nicer driving when i know its all clean and shiney :lol:
Though i have been abit slack this winter with washing :oops:

Martctr

Advanced Member
Going from a black ep3 to a white DC5 I find the black is easier to clean but showed up dust quicker. I've yet to be able to clean every single mark off the DC5 and I need to clay it to remove some of the stubborn marks like the grease finger print on the wing. I really miss having black, hope when I get the time and the weather picks up I can get the DC5 looking as clean

liktup

Advanced Member
Black is a nightmare to look after full stop....it shows the slightest parking dings, stone chips, swirl marks and within a hour of cleaning they look dusty again....if you need to ask its not the colour for you :lol:

Silver is by far the easiest colour to look after although as Dan says with red they never really look dirty until you have washed them :)

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
I gotta agree with the comments above, but despite the drawbacks of owning a black car i still find myself looking at them in my search for a DC2.

Cleaning the car never bothered me. It was trying to avoid / remove swirl marks and the way tiny stone chips in the clearcoat stood out that bugged me.
I presume that's not so much a problem with a white or silver car.

yunster

Advanced Member
Black looks awesome when it is clean, but doesn't stay that way for long. Picks up dust so easily and you don't even wanna ask when you pay Tom a visit at TGM's. :evil:

Spent 3 hours cleaning the car yesterday and already the car looks dirty parked up outside. lol :(

How she looked yesterday after clean.

Attachments