Bolt on mods

PalfyR

Advanced Member
Hi all I know I'm gonna get slated for this but was wondering without going down the kpro path what bolt on mods would be ok to fit before I need to map the car and what kind of gains would I be lightly to see?

Cheers ;-)

Kyletyper

Advanced Member
Hi

The only mods you can really do if you ain't running kpro is a cat back exhaust and air filter. An the gains depends on the mods I've noticed tha mthe hondata air box mod the one of the best if you dont want to go down the gruppe m route/arc.

My mate is running a buddy club spec 4 an the hondata airbox mod an it produced 209 at the fly.

Hope this helps

gibby85

Advanced Member
Cheers chaps anybody else just running basic mods without kpro?
Custom b-pipe with Spoon N1 and Tegiwa M. Had it dyno'd when i first got it standard - 210bhp at the flywheel. To be honest i cannot feel any difference in power with my bolt ons. Would like to get it dyno'd again to see though.

PalfyR

Advanced Member
Was planning on buying a tegiwa m soon then exhaust was just wondering how far I could take it with just bolt on mods and not mapping? Am I really limited to just the basic air filter and exhaust upgrade or could I take it further ?

Cheers

gibby85

Advanced Member
Was planning on buying a tegiwa m soon then exhaust was just wondering how far I could take it with just bolt on mods and not mapping? Am I really limited to just the basic air filter and exhaust upgrade or could I take it further ?

Cheers
I will be getting a Spoon 4-2 before i get it mapped. Even then i might be pushing it.

T

Tegiwa Imports

Lots of people run an aftermarket intake/manifold and exhaust without a remap with no problems. We'd always advise a map for peace of mind and the best gains though :)

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
I ran mine standard on a Dyno and it made 199.9bhp.

Bought a Funky Power De-Cat and a 2nd hand Mugen Airbox and Dyno'd it again. Made 209.4bhp and it cost me no more than £300 for the parts (fitted myself).

Over 9bhp from £300 is about the best return you'll see from one of these cars. If I spent another £300 I'd be lucky to see 1bhp more...

Since then I've put a full DC Sports Manifold and 5Zigen B-Pipe but not had it re-Dyno'd yet. Still no KPRO/K100 though.

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
Cant be good for the car though, can it?
I would wager it wouldn't be too detrimental to the engine.

I would put the RBC on without a map, but I wouldn't leave it unmapped. But I'm sure others on here have an RBC and no map and have had no issues.

donkeykong

Advanced Member
why get mods when you can't make much use of it? i know kpro is expensive. spending money on a tune is worth it. if you on a budget get a street map.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
I have some vids I'll try and get things posted on my thread later and yeah she was running rich (changing filter this week as mines is filthy).

Sounded the nuts and I think given the setup we were all impressed (me more so as I would have settled for 205/210 lol)

Gordon