Borrow a DA - please!?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Hi all,

Bit of an odd request, is there anyone in North Wales or around this area that has a DA that they're happy for me to borrow to apply some wax and sealant to my car please?

I know it's a bit of a cheeky request but I'm happy to pay in beer tokens plus buy new pad(s) required! :)

Thanks.

Marc

p1tse

Advanced Member
Wax and sealant by hand should be sufficent and not require pressure and cutting power from a DA

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
Wax and sealant by hand should be sufficent and not require pressure and cutting power from a DA
Thanks mate.

Any idea which one is best to do first, wax then sealant?

Thanks.

Ben_brodie

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Thanks mate.

Any idea which one is best to do first, wax then sealant?

Thanks.
Sealant then wax mate ... Always put the longest lasting product on first and then the second product becomes a sacrificial layer, which will protect and make the sealant last even longer

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Ben_dc5R said:
Sealant then wax mate ... Always put the longest lasting product on first and then the second product becomes a sacrificial layer, which will protect and make the sealant last even longer
Thanks Ben, appreciate your help.

Marc

integraleo

Advanced Member
I know it's personal preference but I really don't see the point in sealant and wax. A decent wax will last month's. One coat every 2 months will keep it topped up nicely

kyle'87

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
I know it's personal preference but I really don't see the point in sealant and wax. A decent wax will last month's. One coat every 2 months will keep it topped up nicely
This. The choice is sealant OR wax. Coming both is likely to reduce the effectiveness of either product.

Personally I use a sealant up front and then wax on side and rear panels. Why? because I enjoy the results of the sealant I use but also the therapeutic value of putting wax on the car :xgrin: