Brake Disc measurements

dc55_11

Advanced Member
Hi guys

Im trying to buy new front discs for the car precisely these ones http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200924720061&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

But the thing is Im not too sure if they will fit the guy said the measurements for these discs were the following.Also they sell them for the 350Z do you know by any chance if the teg and 350Z have the same front discs ? Would be much help thanks in advance :)

The dimensions are
Description Dimension (mm)
Vent Vented
Diameter 300
Height 47.5
Thickness 25
Min Thickness 23
Centre Hole Dia 64
Bolt Holes 5

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
I'm selling 2 sets of scrubbed in disks in the sales section.
Plenty of life in them. Only 2,000 miles on them.
Let me know.

dc55_11

Advanced Member
I'm not too happy with the breaks to be honest which is why Im upgrading theres nothing wrong with mine they are pretty new as the car has done only 32k miles. So I will be selling them soon if anyone wants them :)

G Man

Advanced Member
Brakes.

OEM brakes in my opinion are very good. If you think they are bad then it sounds like something is at fault.

dc55_11

Advanced Member
Thanks for the replys ,

Don't get me wrong I don't think they are really bad or something but they just dont feel very sharp when I press the pedal might be due to the previous owner didnt use the pads properly when they were new or the brake fluid but I had tarox front discs on my last car without Brembo calipers and it stopped twice as good so Im thinking an upgrade is needed :D What about the 350Z rotors would these fit ?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
no 350 rotors wont fit either, there ae several available for the dc5 though, you could always look at Mtech they machine grooves into Oem brembo rotors which work well and are good value.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
they arnt sharp feeling brakes TBH from stock, but they have good modulation and at high speed you dont want sharp feeling brakes, it makes the car harder to control

dc55_11

Advanced Member
Ok will look into it thanks again for the replys have been really helpful :) I think I will change the brake pads and brake fluid first and see if there is an improvement because to be fair the discs are in perfect condition as the car is low mileage

blueguy

Resident J's whore
C&S Evo7 said:
as far as i know DBA dont make a rotor for s dc5 with Brembos.
They do Si. That Australian guy who had a teg in Japan had DBAs. That was quite a while ago though.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
hmmm, i tried to get some and couldnt years ago when i looked, they dont list one currently either, although i do seem to remember someone having some too, of course if it was an aussie car they didnt have brembos

dc55_11

Advanced Member
I know Dba def make them for the facelift integra but they are 406 quid for the pair but on ebay they are getting sold from an outlet for 350Z for 236 which i think for these discs is a bargain...

civic17_99

Advanced Member
I just got a set of discs from mtec. They are genuine brembo discs but they have machined the grooves and dimples in. Think they cost me about £130 with there 10% off offer they have on at the moment.