Brakes squeaking

Splink

Advanced Member
Hi,

I have stock pads on my dc5 (not sure which ones the stock are) and the front ones under the brembo calipers are squeaking. Anyone have any idea why this is on stock pads?

I imagine the only solution is to change them or something.

ta

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
If they are squealing, you have got your prob running on the wear indicator!

They need changing, but dont go with Ferodo DS2500's, crap on track from my experience

Mike

phil_444

Advanced Member
Mike,

What pads would you recommend for every day use, are the DS2500 ok or should I be looking for an alternative?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Splink

Advanced Member
yer I could do with something like that, but i could do with something which is track proof too I think. I heard they are ok and better than spoon makes, but rather hear from someone who has kinda expierence with em.

Splink

Advanced Member
oh yer mike .. where the hell you get your little animated logo thing from .. it rocks :)

Splink

Advanced Member
Thanks Mike.

Well I will try some street pads first I think. Hope this gets rid of the squeaking anyway. I think the discs are ok .. no warping or anything, as its only the standard pads on there.

Ill look at changing them in a few weeks I think. I got no problems stopping or anything .. just makes a terrible row sometimes.. especially if I have been stuck in traffic for 30 mins and im edging forward and stopping regular .. its like .. squeeeeaaaaakkkkk. :)

Thanks again.