Brandshatch track evening 25th june 2018

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
So after a rocky track day last summer where bad tyres and worn bushes caused me a frightful day on track.. i have since replaced my suspension all the bushes and fitted some bridgestone re070.

Went for a taster session a week or two ago at brandshatch just to make sure the car was ok and after booked up a half day which i completed last night.

What a tranaformation.. i habe ferrodo ds3000 pads which were faultless the whole session.
My coilovers (meister r ) were set to max and kept me planted to the tarmac.
First real push since my remap by romain and the car was flying i was definatley the weak link in the setup and it was my lack of skill that slowed the car down.
The dc5 is amazing and has restored my trust since last years bad experience.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
So after a rocky track day last summer where bad tyres and worn bushes caused me a frightful day on track.. i have since replaced my suspension all the bushes and fitted some bridgestone re070.

Went for a taster session a week or two ago at brandshatch just to make sure the car was ok and after booked up a half day which i completed last night.

What a tranaformation.. i habe ferrodo ds3000 pads which were faultless the whole session.
My coilovers (meister r ) were set to max and kept me planted to the tarmac.
First real push since my remap by romain and the car was flying i was definatley the weak link in the setup and it was my lack of skill that slowed the car down.
The dc5 is amazing and has restored my trust since last years bad experience.
Good to hear this mate, shame you wasn't there lastnight as I popped down there yesterday evening for a sound test on my new setup and will be on track in the next two weeks again.

Do you have any sessions or dates booked up or in mind? pm me if so and want to arrange something.

Carl

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
Havnt got any more planned as yet.. might go and retry lydden hill next though.
Your kent based aswell arent you?

Im happy my solid fab system and gruppe m got through the 92db static and 88db drive by at brands.. thought it might be tight

Ryanj1993

Advanced Member
Hi mate, do you have a full solidfab system including mani? What were you readings? i have the same setup and am yet to book brands incase i don't pass.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
bxlyheathsupra said:
Havnt got any more planned as yet.. might go and retry lydden hill next though.
Your kent based aswell arent you?

Im happy my solid fab system and gruppe m got through the 92db static and 88db drive by at brands.. thought it might be tight
Hi yeah I am in West Malling in Kent mate so not far from Brands Hatch at all, surprised you passed a flyby with that setup? What were the readings for the day and the static readings at 6K rpm as I know a few inc one car I was in that was black flagged with a Gruppe M, Mines silent as anything so perfect anywhere anytime I was told lastnight :)

Not yet done Lydden Hill but will later this year if I get a chance but doing brands in July and Aug and poss Sept also, just need to find time lol

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
I have rev limiter at 4k so they passed me on that basis but its the second time there with those limits and its been ok.

I have the manifold plus 2.5 inch solid fab silent exhaust

carl hammond

Advanced Member
bxlyheathsupra said:
I have rev limiter at 4k so they passed me on that basis but its the second time there with those limits and its been ok.

I have the manifold plus 2.5 inch solid fab silent exhaust
Lol just press the brake and hold it and then rev and you turn the limiter off mate

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
I was impressed with the overall performance of the car.. havkng always read up on how good the dc5s are i was hoping for big things but unfortunately my past sessions were with the car in a poor state.
Also first car ive taken on track with an lsd which was a new experience!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
bxlyheathsupra said:
I was impressed with the overall performance of the car.. havkng always read up on how good the dc5s are i was hoping for big things but unfortunately my past sessions were with the car in a poor state.
Also first car ive taken on track with an lsd which was a new experience!
Lol, they come into their own on track, roads never do them justice. Just plant it and turn and hold on lol the LSD is good, there are far better ones but then you're talking track focussed, knocks, bangs and a car that sounds like it's falling apart :)

Let me know when you're down at Brands next and I will join or pop along, I will be looking to do a session in the next few weeks

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Lol, they come into their own on track, roads never do them justice. Just plant it and turn and hold on lol the LSD is good, there are far better ones but then you're talking track focussed, knocks, bangs and a car that sounds like it's falling apart :)

Let me know when you're down at Brands next and I will join or pop along, I will be looking to do a session in the next few weeks
Ok yea sure would be good to see what other dc5s can do.. might help be build confidence in how fast i can go seeing other dc5s goin all out.
I think my next one will be lydden hill but not sure when but will definately drop you an pm.

Maybe we should sort out a kent dc5 meet at some point