Bridgestone RE070 or Uniroyal Rain Sport 3

WayneCivic

Advanced Member
Hi guys
Been reading a lot of posts about the Bridgestone why does everyone go for the RE070? The Uniroyal's have a lot better ratings in the wet and for fuel

Dan34

Advanced Member
Two completely different types of tyre to be honest. RE070's are a summer tyre with very stiff sidewall whereas the rainsports are a wet weather tyre with softer sidewalls. They're both better at different things, just depends what you want I guess.

Adrianmc

I have rainsport 3's all around on my dc5, I could not rate them highly enough in the wet...excellent tyre!

Jonnyteg

Advanced Member
The Rainsport 3's are not just a wet tyre, they grip great in the dry. They really are the best fast road tyre out there.

My tyre of choice after trying several brands.

nellly

Advanced Member
what are you after? a more good all round tyre (rainsport) or one more focused to dry weather performance but than can still be used all year(re070)?

as above there a funny tyre to compare.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
i had RS3's on the ep3, amazing in the wet, good in the dry.

im going for re070 in the new year.. as better dry performance and ok wet, lets be honest, you're going to be pushing it more in the dry than in the wet too...

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
How much can you get them for? They are usually around £70 delivered at camskill

kammy11

Advanced Member
Although I have never had either of the on my DC5 I have used numerous tyres on my em1. Including both of them and I can say I can't see past Uniroyal' for an all round tyre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
225 mate. Never had either but from past experience I won't go 195 width again, 215 minimum. Think they AD08R are good in winter too.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

jrscho

Advanced Member
I've had AD08's since I've had my car. Bought my car with them so stuck with them. Fantastic in the dry. Never been on track with them but grip well on the roads when it's dry. Even with my jrsc it holds the power pretty well, but when it's even the slightest bit damp tyres spin a lot.. Eventually upgraded to the R version, even better in the dry! But terrible when it's really wet. It's okay ish when it's damp, but any standing water the car just wants to slide... Been afew times where the car just slides like its about to lose control and spin out... But to be honest I guess most performance tyres will be like that on standing water!

Really want to try other tyres that's good for dry and decent in the wet too as its my daily but clueless to what as well..

WayneCivic

Advanced Member
That's really helpful dude thank you, I got a little Civic eg ESi aswell what I use (don't want to rack up the mileage on the 5) and I only noticed the other day it has Rainsports 3's on it, and it really does handle well in dry and wet. It's had a lot of suspension work done tho and it a light car, so still unsure.....