Brosport Ltd - ST10 1PR

MrRy

Advanced Member
Thought I'd give Brosport a review as quite frankly, they're not known enough for saying how involved they are in the Honda scene and I haven't used a service that I've been so impressed with for years.

I've used Dave and Mark @ Brosport twice for my DC5:

First time: Supplied and installed new caster correction poly compliance bushes in the front arms, fitted DME rear camber arms and then set the wheel alignment up in FRSU style.

Made a huge change to how the car drove, much less bump steer and less wheel hop, incredible from a few small suspension changes and a FRSU.

Second time: Installed my Yellowspeed Coilovers, Track/FRSU setup and corner weighting, fitted Spoon 5.3 Final drive, OEM longer 6th gear, Honda OEM Clutch, RPC Flywheel, bled my brakes with RFB600.

Wow. :xgrin: The car handles amazingly. Roundabouts are just too much fun. Clutch bites perfectly, gear change is even smoother, braking is way more progressive, car is faster EVERYWHERE. I'm getting them to anything that requires real skill and knowledge from now on for mine and my missus EP3.

Labour costs are always spot on and workmanship is top notch. They're the only place I'm willing to take my DC5, and that's after spending the last 6 years working on cars myself or with Saint Matt as I simply stopped trusting garages doing below-par jobs. Feels good to have found a highly skilled company with a proper setup and real experience in the Honda scene.

Location: Unit 4 Brookhouse Mill, Dilhorne Road, Cheadle, ST10 1PR Stoke-on-Trent

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BrosportLTD

Rob R

Advanced Member
How are the yellow speeds? been umm'ing and arr'ing over these for about 4 months now!

MrRy

Advanced Member
Rob R said:
How are the yellow speeds? been umm'ing and arr'ing over these for about 4 months now!
Superb. They feel like OEM / Showa but with adjustability.

In fact I would rate them better than Mugen Gold's on a DC2 which are also Showa dampers.

MrRy

Advanced Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VAlwARIpmo

That's a good video. The build quality seems impressive from a un-educated standpoint, seems nicer than the Tanabe's I had on but I didn't install them and or set them up so my 2p here is pretty worthless! There's a lot of cars running them in the Civic Cup I think so once the season ends you'll probably get more feedback there.

I just love the damping. It has MADE the car in my opinion. 14 clicks on the front, 16 clicks on the back and on the roads they are sublime over potholes, rail road crossings and bumps.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
as a heads up they share a garage with rob from areamotorsport...

Dave is a top bloke and their knowledge on these cars is very impressive!

they did all my suspension work on my ep3 which transformed it, and they have sorted the handling out on the teg too..

their costs are also very reasonable and work is top notch

great company, highly recommended

jrscho

Advanced Member
MrRy said:
Superb. They feel like OEM / Showa but with adjustability.

In fact I would rate them better than Mugen Gold's on a DC2 which are also Showa dampers.
How is the build quality for them?

I personally don't have these coilovers. But basically I looked into yellow speed big brake kit for my friend and I asked the garage I go to about them. They've never had anyone fit the brakes do couldn't give me much feedback for them but they did however said their coilovers were very poorly made, the materials were cheap and just horrible overall..

MrRy

Advanced Member
Only time will tell with the build quality but I don't work in engineering so all I can say is they "feel" identical to a pair of MesiterR's I've looked over before, the damping is great and the spring rates are much better for UK roads than my Tanabe Sustec Pro's that came off the car (and lighter).

You might find more info via: https://www.facebook.com/YellowSpeedRacingSuspension

All said and done they are what they are. Which is budget street coilovers.I didn't want to spend £1800+ on Ohlins, and wanted the adjust ability that the Mugen's couldn't give me + heard good things about these from my mate. The spring rates sounded perfect, 15 month warranty, etc :)

I do at least 8k a year, and I'm doing Anglesey/Donnginton/Cadwell in the next 3 months so I can report back once they have settled down and been used properly. :)