Buddy club fading bonnets

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Quite a common problem with these carbon bonnets and its drove me mental since the day i brought it. After dan2020 gave me some good advice to try a clay bar i thought i had nothing to loose. brought a meguirs kit from ebay for £15 which arrived super quick. With a nice sunny day i thought right, got hold of the mrs and off she went cleaning the bonnet before we started using the clay bar. Followed the instructions and then polished up after. the white glase came straight back so thought we'd go again but with a bit more elbow grease. 2nd time started to show way more of a deep shine. went over the bonnet once more and wow, the bonnet is now looking fab. can still see slight marks but will do the same again next week and should look good as new. thought i'd share this with you all as for £15 and a bit of effort from ya other half its a good quick fix. olly

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
what you need to really do is remove the oxidisation thats what makes it look faded, as the carbon uses the same method as fiberglass the gel coat needs restoring,

an alternate method is also from megs and their marine range, it is for sorting gel coat on boats and works well.