Bulbs

Project

Advanced Member
Could some one please tell me what the codes are for all 3 bulbs. The low beam, main beam and full beam for the DC5, as I keep on seeing different codes each time I look it up.
Thanks

DC5TU

Advanced Member
Low Beam - HID Fitment - D2R

Main Beam - Halogen Fitment - H1

Sidelights - W5W

danny100

Advanced Member
Hi dc5tu, im just about consider to get a 6500/8000k bulb, but wasn't sure about the size because on the ballast,it said D2R-D2S, are the R's and the S's the same or does that mean they both will fit?, sorry never had a car with HID, please suggest me a good bulb to go for(far too many listed on ebay)
Regard danny :D

mark type r

Advanced Member
Just to add to this, does anyone know what bulbs i need for the side repeaters? Are they 501's?

Thanks

danny100

Advanced Member
Hi guys, got the answer for above:-

D2R bulb is for OEM HID without the projector-lens (the fish eye),yes thats DC5'R and accord type'R etc

D2S bulb is for OEM HID with the projector-lens, e.g. S2000 etc

Side repeater not sure about 501s.. can buy the whole clear lens kit with OJ bulbs @ebay or local accessorie shop

Rear foglight, got to be 21or23w bulb,they also do a red one's if u have in the O/S reverse light... can also use bright red LED strip under rear skirt or under rear number-plate :D , for LEDs,please confirm with your MOT man 8)

Regard danny

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Might be silly here, but do all DC5s have HID lights? I always thought HID looked like the glass dome type like usually seen on new cars, but the DC5 just has the bulb. Although they do flash when turning them on before dulling a bit.

Other than that, can the sidelights be replaced with LEDs? I'd like them to have a white/blue tint to match the low beams

danny100

Advanced Member
Hi Luke,...yes all JDM ITR should have HID standard,i agreed the fact,most new car with HID are with the projector lense"the dome things"...

However if u would like a very nice white/blue to match your HID light...i know there is only very few about in the market ,after trying over 15yrs, PIAA is the best and it really last+won't fade or peel-off etc.. i currently found a bulb which is unknown make,Made in England,lit-up identical tint as the PIAA but fraction of the cost-£5 \:D/ only fitted to my teg for 3mths,so i can't say how good it ll last

About the LED...the good/nice looking one usually expensive+it ll never last..compare to a good established bulb-PIAA,Raybrig,Phillips etc plus some of them are quite bulky.
Tried a few sets B4 it usually last approx.6-8 months the max.then they start blinking :eek: (that a sign of on the way out) then i m sure the cops will have something to say :lol: ....
please note:-some LED are palarity,(if u plug it in-nothing happen then turn it around...)

But one thing i woudn't mind to try is ,to strip a headlight and do the Audi LED strip from inside.. :xyes:

Regard danny :)

roncee

Advanced Member
i changed my sides to led's. got mine from ultraleds. on my old car i had a few sets of leds. couldnt work out why they ended up flashing until i realised my high beam was causing heat damage. The new ones from ultraleds are different and can withstand some heat. hadmine on 1 yr now with no probs, but the colour is more 6000k, so a little mismatch from the standard 4300 standard hid.

12T

Advanced Member
Hi I got a question. If I were to buy 6k hid main beam bulbs would I need to change my ballast as well?
Or could I use the same one.?I got told you have to change the ballast so that they are powerful enough to work the bulbs..

Is this true?

Thanks

redcap

Advanced Member
Has anyone changed their full beam H1 bulbs for one that matches the standard HID D2R Dipped bulbs? If so which ones are they?

If poss any pics to show the match would be good. :D

Also how may k are the OEM HID's? I'm guessing 4000?

gregb

Advanced Member
Looking to get a set of D2R 6000k dipbeam bulbs for the car and have trawled through Ebay but there is so many and the prices are very different whilst a lot read the same,obviously the cheaper the product the cheaper the quality.

Anyone get a good set recently they would recommend?

Without costing too much ;)

danny100

Advanced Member
Hi Gregb, i ve bought a set of 8000k from from a place called "Hids-direct" which listed on ebay, just type in the name above... it ll come up. However, it cost £15.99 inc free p/p(from Manchester), fit it a month or 2 ago myself, looks fab. i personally think 8000k looks far better than 6000k,still have plenty of lights, my teg looks completely different at night now compare to my OEM 4300k(philips from new)which was bit dull due to the age.. =D>

The only one "bad" things i ve noticed is, i ve seen some people walk into the lamp-post...and a lot of hot chicks was looking :xlol: of-course that must be the "Teg-factor" as well... \:D/

anyway go for it, they even do 10 or 12000k if u wish, if you need any instruction for fitting, just ask i ll tell you step-by-step...Don't forget you need D2R fitment

Best Regards, danny :D

gregb

Advanced Member
Thanks for your tips Danny,greatly appreciated mate :wink: .
Chicks walking in to lamp-posts and the "Teg Factor" i am there :lol: .

dave7368

Advanced Member
Re:

DC5TU said:
Low Beam - HID Fitment - D2R

Main Beam - Halogen Fitment - H1

Sidelights - W5W
this should be made clear that this is for old shape one, as i found out after taking this information to the bulb shop the facelift has different Main Beam bulbs, and not H1 fitment...

danny100

Advanced Member
Hi dave, i believe you ve got a facelift type, can you update us all, what bulb for the high-beam?? Regards danny :)
p.s. i hope its not the same as the late Corsa C 's :xlol:

jay82

Advanced Member
danny100 said:
Hi Gregb, i ve bought a set of 8000k from from a place called "Hids-direct" which listed on ebay, just type in the name above... it ll come up. However, it cost £15.99 inc free p/p(from Manchester), fit it a month or 2 ago myself, looks fab. i personally think 8000k looks far better than 6000k,still have plenty of lights, my teg looks completely different at night now compare to my OEM 4300k(philips from new)which was bit dull due to the age.. =D>

The only one "bad" things i ve noticed is, i ve seen some people walk into the lamp-post...and a lot of hot chicks was looking :xlol: of-course that must be the "Teg-factor" as well... \:D/

anyway go for it, they even do 10 or 12000k if u wish, if you need any instruction for fitting, just ask i ll tell you step-by-step...Don't forget you need D2R fitment

Best Regards, danny :D
what are the 8000k like on roads with no street lights or on coming traffic?