Bulbs

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
I have 8000k's fitted to mine and have no problems with visabillity or anything

On a un lit road you can notice the tint of the bulbs a lot which i quite like :D

dave7368

Advanced Member
danny100 said:
Hi dave, i believe you ve got a facelift type, can you update us all, what bulb for the high-beam?? Regards danny :)
p.s. i hope its not the same as the late Corsa C 's :xlol:
no worries.. the high beam is H3B for the facelift

danny100

Advanced Member
Hi, dave thx for the update..my 8000k looks great,yes,it looks even better when No street-light but 6000k indeed give more lights,

Can anyone whom have a after-market kit with 50w ballast fitted,please give us some feedback
I can imagine it'd look Fab+ lot more light.. :xyes: Regards danny :)

cherry

if i change my high beam from halogen H1 with HID H1, will it cause water to enter my headlight?

skerr406

Advanced Member
If i bought 6000k d2r bulbs for the dipped lights, will they work with the oem HID ballast? will there be any problems?

PooM

The bulb that lights up the cup holders, what size and rating is that?

I am thinking of getting a high-powered bulb to replace it so it glows a bit brighter :)

jay82

Advanced Member
The bulb that lights up the cup holders, what size and rating is that?

I am thinking of getting a high-powered bulb to replace it so it glows a bit brighter :)
trust me it'll look cool when parked but will wreck your head when your on a dark road driving at night

HOUDINI

can someone tell me if the headlight buld codes are the sameones used for the 02 pre-facelift and 05 facelift model DC5R's?

dave7368

Advanced Member
can someone tell me if the headlight buld codes are the sameones used for the 02 pre-facelift and 05 facelift model DC5R's?
No they are not.. low beam is the same D2R, but main beam is H1 on old shape and H3B on facelift

Big_Rich

I heard that all HID lights will fail an MOT from next year, so if the DC5 has HID's as standard fit how would it get through an MOT...or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Marshall-P

Advanced Member
I heard that all HID lights will fail an MOT from next year, so if the DC5 has HID's as standard fit how would it get through an MOT...or am I barking up the wrong tree?
I think this applies to aftermarket lights that can't be cleaned from inside the car ie washer jets. As these are factory fitted it shouldn't be an issue.

On a slightly related bulb question, can you get white LED bulbs for the cabin light?

CJN

Advanced Member
Glad I found this thread. I was searching and completely missed this sticky post... :xaiweb3:

Bonito

Advanced Member
One of my sidelights went. They're nice LED's and have been on the car since it came from Japan so gonna be hard to find exact replacement me thinks. They really added to the look of the car. Anyone have any recommendations?

dc55_11

Advanced Member
Just a quick question, when your talking about side light im guessing your refering to preface lift only yea?