Bulbs

Bonito

Advanced Member
I've found an Irish seller that has some but they're for Can Bus systems. I should be able to use these or is there an extra connector on the Can Bus compatible bulbs.

CJN

Advanced Member
I've just fitted some White sidelight LEDs. They look smart.<br /><br />Better than the orange bulbs before. :)

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
I used THESE 5 smd led's for the side lights, fit perfect and nice n white. i did try the 9 led type but they don't fit......to long.

SMD LED'S are the brightest ;)

ATB

Ron

CJN

Advanced Member
Topgeezer said:
I used THESE 5 smd led's for the side lights, fit perfect and nice n white. i did try the 9 led type but they don't fit......to long.

SMD LED'S are the brightest ;)

ATB

Ron
I think that's what I have. I got them from Ultraleds.co.uk

AlanS

Advanced Member
dc55_11 said:
Just a quick question, when your talking about side light im guessing your refering to preface lift only yea?
Don't the FL have sidelight?

Bonito

Advanced Member
Dipped beam is gone in mine. Have I to get D2R HID bulbs? I've found Xenon and non-xenon? They're bloody stupidly expensive!

itrsarg

Advanced Member
Bonito said:
Dipped beam is gone in mine. Have I to get D2R HID bulbs? I've found Xenon and non-xenon? They're bloody stupidly expensive!
I got a set of 8000k d2r you can have ;)

Bonito

Advanced Member
itrsarg said:
I'm in Devon mate you going japfest? You can have them for free :)
I'm in Ireland but I'd be happy to pay for postage and a bulb wrap envelope with some fragile stickers on it if you wouldn't mind posting? :D

itrsarg

Advanced Member
Ok mate call it a fiver that should cover posting :) I will pm you later, on my iphone at the mo and its about to die....

dc55_11

Advanced Member
AlanS said:
Don't the FL have sidelight?
Yeah they do just they are in the main beam light whereas on the preface lift they looked to me more on the side:D So just to make it clear the sidelights are the same code for both versions ?

Chris-141

Advanced Member
My dc5 just has normal bulbs as standard and I'm wanting to put hid's in, is the standard bulb a d2r or h1? It's a prefacelift

Thanks

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member
I'm running an eBay kit that has the d2r bulb, but it fits in the H1 holder. It's been flawless so far and was only £40. Think I just searched for H1 HID lights.

AlanS

Advanced Member
Bonito said:
Rear number plate bulb?
Just had to change mine it's the wedge 501 same as the sidelight, got 2 Bosch one for £0.90 from halfords with a trade card. normal price £3.49....lol