Bulbs

Rich3248

Advanced Member
In need of a rear reg plate bulb

can anyone post a link where I can purchase one? I want a blue LED tinted bulb

Cheers

2ndy

Advanced Member
My dc5 has got a HID kit fitted which I'm guessing is due to the prices of replacement ballasts from Hondas, has anyone else got this?

My problem is the bulbs keep flicking off and they aren't very bright, need a solution as it's pretty annoying not having both bulbs working and the bulbs being pretty poor even when they do work

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I believe oem mitsubishi ballasts are the same....just alot cheaper. Still circa £90 And get yourself a new set of lamps, relatively inexpensive in comparison and go from there.

If you want quality and brightest light possible then oem replacement is a dead cert. Or you could buy a few cheaper new sets and go from there...its a lottery. I know a few people running cheaper sets and work fine, but will they last as long? Stay as bright? Be as crisp and sharp after a few years? ....probably not.

2ndy

Advanced Member
I took my bulbs out and theyre 8000ks so ordered a set of 5000k as they should light the road up alot better but worth a try. If not i might have to go down the route of buying new ballasts..

Also been told to replace the headlight fuses woth 20A fuses or something higher than standard which should sort out the problem of the lights flicking off

rexs

Hi, so where can I get a red bulb to replace the reversing bulb to convert to a fog, also which side is best to do?
Many thanks
rexs

Fez

Advanced Member
rexs said:
Hi, so where can I get a red bulb to replace the reversing bulb to convert to a fog, also which side is best to do?
Many thanks
rexs
Any motor factors should stock the bulb, and in uk the law is drivers side to be fog light.

gurrik

Fez said:
Any motor factors should stock the bulb, and in uk the law is drivers side to be fog light.
I took mine to Honda for a service and they couldn't obtain a red bulb for the fog light that fitted the socket. In the end they just topped up the red paint that the importers but over the bulb.

Where do others buy the red rear fog bulb and what's the code ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sonny1

Advanced Member
I had got a led one off ebay a while back for what your wanting to do but ended up putting it back as a reverse light and getting a stand alone fog lamp for under the bumper that I only put on for mot's now lol

BataLeon

Advanced Member
So what's the latest on the bulb front? Anyone messed about with the latest LED bulb range, they are meant to be quite good now.

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
Need to replace the interior bulb does anyone have the code?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

BenjiDC5R

Hey guys just really need some clarification.
I know it‘s been mentioned but I love so far away I need to get it right!

2004 facelift JDM Mugen kitted Type R

HID is D2R (some have said D2S)
Main beam is HB3
Side light is this a 501? This is located in the main beam section of the light!

Then what is the most inner circle of the headlight, mine don‘t light up? Or isn‘t that a light?

Chewy

Advanced Member
BenjiDC5R said:
Hey guys just really need some clarification.
I know it‘s been mentioned but I love so far away I need to get it right!

2004 facelift JDM Mugen kitted Type R

HID is D2R (some have said D2S)
Main beam is HB3
Side light is this a 501? This is located in the main beam section of the light!

Then what is the most inner circle of the headlight, mine don‘t light up? Or isn‘t that a light?
Here's the list of bulbs I went for on my Facelift; - See page 27 of my build (Linked below) for how they look etc.

Dipped beam: Lunex Ultra Blue 91012 6000K D2R
Main bean: Osram Night Breaker HB3
Side lights: Philips WhiteVision 12v W5W (Gives a nice blue reflection in the headlights at the right angel, see pictures)
Indicators: Lucas W3X16D 12v 21w

BenjiDC5R

Chewy said:
Here's the list of bulbs I went for on my Facelift; - See page 27 of my build (Linked below) for how they look etc.

Dipped beam: Lunex Ultra Blue 91012 6000K D2RMain bean: Osram Night Breaker HB3Side lights: Philips WhiteVision 12v W5W (Gives a nice blue reflection in the headlights at the right angel, see pictures)Indicators: Lucas W3X16D 12v 21w
Thanks mate
Didn‘t wanna get it wrong,
I‘m an English guy with a JDM teg R in New Zealand, ordering bulbs from UK!!
Love the car though it‘s like a gokart
Had a nice read of your build! Awesome mate

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Thought I’d add a list of known bulbs to this thread - if anyone knows the “unknown” ones let me know and I’ll update

Bulbs

Headlights: D2R (HID - Dipped), H1 (Halogen - Main)

Front Position Light: 501 / 194 / T10

Front Indicator: Unknown

Front Fog Lights: H11

Side Repeater: Unknown

Interior Lights: 31mm Festoon

Interior Boot: 501 / 194 / T10

Rear Fog Light: Retrofit

Rear Indicators: Unknown

Rear Reversing Lights: Unknown

Brake Lights: HBU580 / R580 (Dual Filament)

Centre Brake Light: Unknown

Rear Number Plate: 501 / 194 / T10

Centre brake light reverse and rear indicator: 582

Side repeaters either 501 / 501a if clear repeaters

Lemons

Advanced Member
Facelift

Headlights - Main - HB3 (halogen)
Headlights - Side - W5W

Reverse lights - W16W

Last edited: