Bush kit ?

BigCarlo

Im going to replace the old bushes on my car anyone know where is the best place to get a full poly bush kit from ?

Torque GT

Parts Trader
Depends on what brand you want to go for really. We're a SuperPro dealer and I'd be more than happy to extend some discount to a club member.

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
Hardrace solid rubber, firm but compliant.

Had various polybushes on other cars and they either end up too harsh or just squeak/fall apart over time.

Hardrace have been spot on!

BigCarlo

Torque GT said:
Depends on what brand you want to go for really. We're a SuperPro dealer and I'd be more than happy to extend some discount to a club member.
Can you drop me a pm with a price ? I was going to call you next week some time with a question about converting my clocks to read miles as well if you do that could you also get me a price for that thanks

Torque GT

Parts Trader
BigCarlo said:
Can you drop me a pm with a price ? I was going to call you next week some time with a question about converting my clocks to read miles as well if you do that could you also get me a price for that thanks
PM'd! :)

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
I had my car done by r2 automotive in essex.. they had to use a mix of superpro and hardrace to change all my bushes. No squeeks, doesnt feel any harder then prior. But handles on rails now

crasherkid

Advanced Member
bxlyheathsupra said:
I had my car done by r2 automotive in essex.. they had to use a mix of superpro and hardrace to change all my bushes. No squeeks, doesnt feel any harder then prior. But handles on rails now
how much it cost for full kit and fitting?

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
Well i had meister r coilovers and alignmemt all done also amd it came out around 2grand.. i think they were dokng a deal on the bushes supplied and fitted for around 1100.. which does sound alot but superpro claim a chunk of hours labour in their documentation.

Fez

Advanced Member
bxlyheathsupra said:
Well i had meister r coilovers and alignmemt all done also amd it came out around 2grand.. i think they were dokng a deal on the bushes supplied and fitted for around 1100.. which does sound alot but superpro claim a chunk of hours labour in their documentation.
The bush kit is only about £300?! So £800 labour? That can't be right 😅

Ryanj1993

Advanced Member
Nope that is right, i got a very similar quote from TGM. Its a highly labour intensive job. can take up to 10 hours to do a full polybush set.

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Agree with everyone above this is not a cheap and easy process. I paid Performance Autoworks just under £1000 the first time I did it.

Ever since then I‘ve been doing it myself. The Arb‘s are easy enough if you are a bit savvy with you tools. The superpro kits I‘ve been using incorporate the front wishbones, rear hubs and rear lower control arms.

What I‘ve been doing is removing these, taking them to a local garage to have them pressed out and new ones pressed in.

This process is longer and helps if you have a safe place to keep the car whilst in the air. This time around I paid £240 for the superpro kit and approx £60 in labour at the garage and is the second time I‘ve done it this way. Can appreciate this can‘t work for everyone

MrRy

Advanced Member
I re-bushed my DC2 myself, never again, not without a ramp, a second car so there is no rush to get something done over a weekend, etc.

I would happily pay someone a grand or whatever it cost to do that job.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Bushes are the job you wished you never started

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

SamDC5

Advanced Member
I was quite lucky as 90% of my bushes were replaced in Japan, they look to be Super Pro ones not sure but the car definitely feels very tight in the bends.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk