Buyer Beware: VVXTAM a.k.a. Wai Nguyen

GEORGE TYPE-S

Advanced Member
*** If this is the wrong section, please move it to the correct one. I just want people to be aware of this situation, since it was a lot of money that went down the drain... ***

I didn't want it to come down to this, but since he clearly ignored my e-mail, I'll post it up. Wai, I know you logged in and Jim (Jimi on clubrsx) also sent you an e-mail with a read receipt, which you read yet to no surprise, you did not reply.
He posted these 05-07 Tail Lights for sale (on this site):
http://forums.clubrs...2778&highlight=

We got in touch with him and I sent him the money (Jimi doesn't have paypal).
He was asked several times if the lights were in good shape, he kept saying yes...
This is what we received:

You had FIVE WEEKS to write something back or do what's right which is issue a partial refund. For those of you that ever deal with him, watch out, he will screw over people that are overseas. He sells a lot apparently in Australia, but I'm sure he doesn't have the balls to mess with people there, since they can easily come knocking on his door... Thanks for screwing us over you jackass!!

A simple note, I did leave him a good iTrader, since I do that ahead of time, however that is followed by a negative one.

Here is the original e-mail, which he couldn't even reply to: (Sent on March 15th, 2012)
Hello Wai,

I received the lights today and I must say, had you told me or Jim the condition that they were in, we would have never gone through with this transaction.

For starters, you used a weak box, very little bubble wrap, mind you the bubble wrap you used won't protect a thing. I asked you at the very beginning if these were going to be packed properply and you neglected to do so. Due to the horrible packing, the lights arrived here damaged, which is not surprising to me at all. I ship lights and parts on a regular basis, I know that theirs heavy duty boxes and quality bubble wrap that can be used for packaging, which you failed to use.

With that said, I attached photos of what you sent me. Theirs all kinds of residue, which won't come off by the way, on both tail lights, theirs 3 holes in one and 1 hole in the other. One lense is cracked on the inside and the black trim are broken on both tail lights, as you can see in the photo.

Just so we're clear, I am asking you directly for a partial refund on this - the amount I had in mind is $200 Canadian Dollars - since I'm well aware of how Paypal works and filing a dispute won't lead anywhere, since you did ship an item and taking up a claim with the postal service won't solve anything either, since this item is NOT brand new, therefore the insurance with the postal service is rendered as useless.

Please repond to be promptly as to what you have in mind for compensation, due to the lack of packaging this item properly and more importantly the lack of informing us about the real state of these lights.

In the end this cost Jim $577 CDN to you and $116 CDN in custom fees. Paying a little under $700 for lights in this shape is ridiculous.
Here's a quick break down as to why I'm asking $200 and not a penny more.
Your asking price: $450
Shipping cost: $100
Paypal fees: $27
Custom fees: $116

Total: $693

Shipping, paypal fees and custom fees are none of your concern, I understand that as a seller. The asking price of $450 is clearly a rip off, since your lights are covered with residue therefore they are worth at the very most $250. I am asking $200 back from you, thus leaving you with the $250 for what these lights are actually worth. I know they got damaged in transit, which is why they're now worth $0 to Jim. Unless of course you forgot to mention that they're cracked. I have no intentions of ruining your name over a set of lights, nor am I asking for a full refund. I don't believe in getting parts, whether they're broken or not, for free. I just want what's fair to both parties. Keep your $250 Canadian Dollars, just simply send back $200 Canadian Dollars, since theirs no denying these lights were in bad shape to begin with.

Should you decide to issue a refund, it can be sent to the same paypal and it should be sent as a gift or refund.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon,

George