Cabin / pollen filter replacement

wocka

Advanced Member
Hello fellow dc5ers

Not everyone knows where the cabin filters are located or how to change them so while changing mine today I took some pics

No tools required

These are the blue point ones I got

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F173553457445

But if you want to stay with Honda the part number is 80292-S5D-416 and they are £12.12 + VAT each, you will need 2

First of all you need to empty your glove box, once empty locate the tabs on either side of the glovebox

Now use your finger and push the back of these tabs at the bottom (from the outside to inside the glovebox)

Now push the glovebox up slightly and move the tab sideways and wiggle it out

Once you have done one side, do the same to the other, the glovebox will drop down once both are removed so hold it up and lower it down

Now both sides are removed and your glovebox is hanging down it should look like this

You need to unclip and lift that flap up and then it will come off

You now need to remove the tray in front of you, pull it towards you then once removed, slide the left tray over and pull out towards you

New compared to old

Remove he old filters and then push the new filters into place, make sure they are the correct way around

Once both new filters are in the trays you can refit them, the left hand side had a right hand tab

Slide the left over and then push in the right

Refit the cover and then the tabs from the inside out, the push and click into place and that‘s in job done

Don‘t be surprised if your dc5 doesn‘t have any filters fitted, not all of them have any in, my first one didn‘t !!!

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gaza4

Advanced Member
wocka said:
Don‘t be surprised if your dc5 doesn‘t have any filters fitted, not all of them have any in, my first one didn‘t !!!
and if it doesnt have filters theres a chance it never did and you have to clip out parts of the tray for the filter to fit properly

wocka

Advanced Member
gaza4 said:
and if it doesnt have filters theres a chance it never did and you have to clip out parts of the tray for the filter to fit properly
Good shout mate, totally forgot about that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moody_mage

Mine had no filters, it did manage to have several twigs and a whole bunch of other crap in there though.

ste01

Advanced Member
Looks like you still need to cut some plastic blanking plates off your filter holders