Calliper Carrier seized

MaxMacGechan

So my rear passenger calliper carrier seems to have siezed. It's only one of the two pins that squeeze in and out of the carrier, but I noticed as I was gonna do a refurb on my callipers at the weekend.

Is this something people have had go before? I can't seem to find a replacement anywhere online so wondering what people may have done to fix it? Excessive shock (hammering)? Getting some big leverage on the bolt at the top? Heat?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, cheers!

2ndy

Advanced Member
Heat it up and loads of wd40. Leave it mounted on the car and try vice grips.

The slider pins are handy got

Rom

Advanced Member
Not on this, but often at work. Get some lube behind the boot. I like to take them off, clamp the slider in a vice, rotate the carrier and lift. Clean off all the all grease and rust. Clean out boot, relube, off you go.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

MaxMacGechan

Hi guys,

I've tried all of this, really with no luck at all. Obviously the car still drives (and stops) but it's not idea, and probably not a great look for the car going in to it's MOT next week...

So do people know, is it the same as the rear caliper on the EP3 & FN2?

Thanks!!

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
MaxMacGechan said:
But it'll fit and be suitable for a DC5 that's only being used for road use?
From my understanding its identicle bar the fins and colour

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
As far as I remember, the DC5 calipers are aluminum and the EP3 calipers are casted steel.

The optical differences are the fins.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Hey guys,

My car has failed its MOT on a number of things and the Garage told me today that the offisde rear caliper and handbrake need sorting.

The handbrake they should be able to sort easily enough but this connected to the caliper isn't it?

I don't 100% know if it needs a new caliper so I'm going to nip in and see them tomorrow. It seems an EP3 caliper will fit, is this correct?

Also would this kit be suffice so I can keep the exisiting caliper(s)?

https://h-tune.co.uk/genuine-honda-brake-caliper-refurb-kit-rear-integra-dc5/

Many thanks

Fez

Advanced Member
Ep3 calipers are steel, dc5 are alloy. But they fit eachother.
But i wouldnt bother changing it, take it off, wind it back, take out the sliders clean them all up, re grease. And it should be good.

berg

I had the same problem, both sides

Freed them up, cleaned and regreased a few months ago but drivers side has gone again

I just bought 2 brand new ep3 calipers in the end and a pot of red caliper paint, still cost me less than a pair of used dc5 calipers, i can live with the minimal differences between the 2 which i will never ever notice

Spirit R

My DC2 Integra failed its MOT on the NSR Caliper being seized. I purchased a refurbished caliper from Brakes International Ltd of Rochdale. May be worth trying them if they do refurbished callipers for the DC5 or EP3. My new caliper comes with a 12 month guarantee and they will knock some money off once you return your old knackered caliper.

I went down the route of a refurbished caliper as it‘s there is no guarantee a 2nd hand will work properly.

P.s the new caliper wasn‘t painted red but that didn‘t bother me.

Good luck