Cambers

Hussainy786

Advanced Member
I‘m putting my 225/45R17 RE070s and I‘m getting the tracking done soon. I want a fast road set up. Do I need front and rear cambers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Don't mean to come across as a d*ck but do a search and you'll find everything you need mate, the more the search function is used the less clogged up with unneeded posts the forum will get :)

http://www.itr-dc5.club/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

Everything like this has been covered many many times in the past and we need new members to utilise the knowledge already on here so we don't kill the forum with repetitive posts which have been asked and answered over and over.

I did a huge post reviewing suspensions I have had over the past 4 years with all info and geo's in there

Hussainy786

Advanced Member
Sorry my bad. I just wanted a little more information on the set up I‘m going for.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hussainy786 said:
Sorry my bad. I just wanted a little more information on the set up I‘m going for.

That's cool but better to revive an old thread and ask :)

Just like my review one, loads of replies on there, you could look at my setups or ATC did a review of what he ran also, then ask from there. I did that to try and aid people in knowing what can and cannot work, where it was beneficial (road or track), what issues were found if any and so on mate.

Just helps keep things in the right places and the forum stays clean for reference then also :)

Hussainy786

Advanced Member
Just seen some upper camber arms I‘m looking to get. can‘t decide from japspeed pilowball ones or hardrace hardened rubber ones. Any recommendations?

ATC

Hussainy786 said:
Just seen some upper camber arms I‘m looking to get. can‘t decide from japspeed pilowball ones or hardrace hardened rubber ones. Any recommendations?

I have hardrace camber arms (I believe) - no issue whatsoever.
I've not come across the japspeed ones, but pillowball arms are likely to give a harsher ride compared to a rubber bush, as effectively it's rigidly mounted to the body.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Japspeed is cheap mate, I have the Hardrace ones, they were £90 I believe when I bought them, there are two types and the ones you'd want are the ones in the link below:

https://www.torque-gt.co.uk/hardrace-rear-camber-arms-hardened-rubber-civic-ep3-integra-dc5.html

Do not buy the Pillowball or Spherical Bearing ones (which cost nearly £100 more, they are horrible)

The ones you want (above) are always between £90 and £120

Hussainy786

Advanced Member
Thanks mate. Also what about the front camber bolts, which one would u recommend ?

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Thanks mate. Also what about the front camber bolts, which one would u recommend ?

Eibach (about £15 is per set), but if going on track as I say in my suspensions post DO NOT RUN two sets. I hit the curbs hard through Surtees/Maclaren and the bolts came loose through my geo off badly. I got it all back together, thread locked them more and happened again. On road they were never an issue (even with two sets), but me personally I would now only ever consider 1 x set of camber bolts on the front.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
£15 that‘s cheap. I‘ve seen them go for £25

Seems they also have gone up a bit, Maybe I got those and the arms on a deal at the time I cant remember, but they are on ebay about £21 so cheap as tbh just make sure you threadlock them

Hussainy786

Advanced Member
There‘s 2 camber bolts on each on the front. Do I need to change all 4 ?

I‘ve just bought 1 set.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hussainy786 said:
There‘s 2 camber bolts on each on the front. Do I need to change all 4 ?

I‘ve just bought 1 set.

Each strut at the bottom will have two oem bolts, only change one each side is my recommendation and two can cause issues if one slips

1 per side will be fine as the other oem holds it all right still, also thread lock it up when fitting mate

Hussainy786

Advanced Member
Another quick question. Do I need to adjust the settings on the bolts. Or is just straight bolt in and tighten it up, it will be getting tracked the next day . Also what about the settings on the rear upper cambers?

Marky.

You'll see a cam profile on the camber bolt itself for the fronts. So depending on what rotation you bolt the profile up at will adjust how much camber you have.

If you doubt what its set or are unable to measure what camber you run by yourself, I would wait and get it done at a shop.

Hussainy786

Advanced Member
It‘s getting tracked the next day once I‘ve installed the cambers and the bolts. Just want to make it there in one peace lol

Marky.

Do you mean tracked as in you are going to a track day, or you are taking it to a garage to get the tracking done?

If the latter then all good, I wouldn't worry about it. But I really wouldn't do a track day with unknown geo settings.