can u help me please?

dappastyleITR

Hi ya all!

Firstly let me say hi to everyone on here!

2ndly I need some advice big time!

I'm in the market to buying another car sometime in 2004, not exactly when yet but not sure. I'm kinda in a pickle to be honest and one that has kept me somewhat annoyed to be honest.

Well the thing is I'm not sure what car to buy and these are what I've narrowed it all down to.

#1 Honda Civic Type R
#2 Honda Integra Type R (DC5)
#3 Audi S3

You see what gets me is that the teg is a beautiful looking motor and If I was to get either one of the hondas I would move towards the teg rather than the civic as it is a rarer car within the UK. This being what appeals to me but the thing is are the rumours true?

Is it that hard to get insured on the ITR hitting group 20?

I managed too lose my no claims last year in a minor crash which admitingly was my fault. The bastard wouldn't let me pay out me pocket but wanted to go via insurnace. I was wondering if anyone would know if somebody would be willing to insure me without me severly getting a beating.

I can afford the car to purchase but I know people will be astonished by this but I don't want to pay the darker side of £1500 but will go up to about £2k and maybe a little bit more. Am I being stupid for paying out this much?

If nobody will insure me for that approx amount I'm thinking about going german. I know that shouldn't be said on a jap mad car loving fan site but I can get insured on the S3 for a huge amount more cheaper!

So shall I go DC5 or S3? please help

Mr_GaBIG

Get the Integra Type R if you can afford it

Get the Civic Type R if you are on a tight budget

Do NOT get the S3

NZITR

Advanced Member
Mr_GaBIG said:
Get the Integra Type R if you can afford it

Get the Civic Type R if you are on a tight budget

Do NOT get the S3
What's wrong with the S3? Just interested as my friend has one.

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
Unfortunately insurance on the ITR is Group 20 - look north of a grand whether or not you have attained the age of 30 and have plenty of NCB! If you can afford it, it IS worth it though...

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
ITR:
Pros:
- Looks great
- Handles great
- Inexpensive for 220bhp
- Rare
Cons:
- JDM import (posibility of getting a duff one)
- Group 20 insurance
- VTEC drinks oil
- No UK warranty or dealer support

CTR:
Pros:
- UK Car
- Dealer support
- 3 year warranty
- Inexpensive for 200bhp
- Easy to insure
Cons:
- VTEC drinks oil
- Acquired taste in seating position
- Becoming increasingly common

S3:
Pros:
- UK Car
- Dealer support
- 3 year warranty
- Looks like every other car on the road
Cons:
- Expensive for what you get
- Expensive to service
- Looks like every other car on the road

All IMHO of course :)

OK, so why did I buy an ITR? its great to drive and turns more heads than a Skyline :D

GTITR

Not wanting to sound too blunt, but I've only got a few minutes online so forgive me...

I once owned an Audi S3 and I can categorically say it was the most overrated piece of metal I have even had the misfortune of owning. I
sold on old DC2 to get it and I regretted it straight away.

If you *think* you want an S3 - get a Leon Cupra R - it's a better car to drive, the same engine, the same interior (unless your being very
picky), better looking IMO and it's 9 GRAND cheaper.

Even then I would have either Type R over the Leon. :D

G.