Can you convince me getting a DC-2 Type-r?

kKeLiS

Right.The reason i'm posting this topic is because i'm thinking of buying an early 2000 DC-2 integra type-r, JDM spec with the different headlamps( i live in Cyprus..)I know the DC-5 is replacement for the DC-2 and that is bigger, more powerfull, 6 speed,brembos and so on...but i really can't afford the cash for a DC-5. I'm a bit hasty getting the DC-2 because it's a
bit old now and slower, but i think i will be getting the same fun as the DC-5 (considering that i own a VW polo 1,9 DIESEL now...DIESEL...).
Also i like very much the looks of DC-2 and many people say that the v-tech scream of the DC-2 is louder than DC-5.
Is the acceleration of DC-5 so much better than the DC-2?
Should i keep saving more money for the DC-5(wich is gonna take me a long time) or go straight away for the DC-2?
Your opinion is going to help me decide,
thank you

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
IMHO if you are driving a 1.9 Diesel Polo then you will be hard pressed to tell the diference in acceleration between a DC2 and a DC5, both will feel like rocket ships to you. Its not all about power, its about putting that power down safely on the road.

I was considering a DC2 or an Impreza turbo about 4 years ago - trading up from a 1.6 Nissan Primra with about 90bhp, top speed of 110 and 0-60 some time before Easter. That time round the Impreza won for me as I found it easier to put the power down safely on the road with 4wd - the DC2 just scared the daylights out of me! Anyway now being used to >200bhp I now have a DC5 and yes it still scares the living daylights out of me!

Bottom line - Go for what you can afford and what you feel comfortable driving. :D