Car is laggy when put foot down

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Silly question but have you all taken the car out for a good run at all? It normally helps. Get it up to temperature before giving it any VTEC (10 minutes) then get it through the gears and higher up through the range. Try going for a good hour or two run and see if it still plays up. You'll be surprised how much a good blast helps. I find they don't like being sat around these cars. Also, if you're running KPRO or K100, take it to a mapper and they'll have it on a rolling road mated to the laptop, they can normally map out any issues such as this.

Evilzeon

Crazylegs said:
Silly question but have you all taken the car out for a good run at all? It normally helps. Get it up to temperature before giving it any VTEC (10 minutes) then get it through the gears and higher up through the range. Try going for a good hour or two run and see if it still plays up. You'll be surprised how much a good blast helps. I find they don't like being sat around these cars. Also, if you're running KPRO or K100, take it to a mapper and they'll have it on a rolling road mated to the laptop, they can normally map out any issues such as this.
I usually take it a run to work then to the gym at night if it's nice which is a 70 mile round trip. Mix of B roads and motorway. 10-15% throttle all is fine until you go anything more and it just completely bogs down until 3k rpm. After that it goes fine. VTEC still engages.

I'm going to purchase a cheap TPS sensor off ebay and try it. If it works, then I will buy an Acuity Hall type one alongside new battery and alternator. Getting to this time of year where I really should park it up but it is annoying me!

Completely standard ECU. Tegiwa induction kit and Mugen twinloop exhaust. If the TPS sensor doesn't help it then I'll be completely lost as I genuinely thought the o2 sensor was at fault until I changed it :xconfused: :xcry:

2Cent

Did you guys solve this problem? I had a familiar boggy feeling and it turned out to be the VTC actuator.

jasonevans

I had lag on mine and it turned out to be the inner flexi pipe that was collasped on my Exhaust manifold. Took ages to figure that out m had a compression test on engine and everything before looking at the manifold Inner flexi. Might be getting it to someone and take off the pipe and have a look inside to see if it's collasped.