Carbon bonnet struts help

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
I have purchased a carbon fibre bonnet for my dc5. Fitted it tonight thanks to a mate.

However where do I get the Gas struts and what size do I need? Do I put one or two on to hold the bonnet up?

Where do I fit them to? The wing and which part of the bonnet?

Don‘t want to spend much. Will be happy with nice ones from eBay! What size struts do I need for my pfl.

Suggestions and links please?

Thank you

wocka

Advanced Member
RaspyNoise said:
I have purchased a carbon fibre bonnet for my dc5. Fitted it tonight thanks to a mate.

However where do I get the Gas struts and what size do I need? Do I put one or two on to hold the bonnet up?

Where do I fit them to? The wing and which part of the bonnet?

Don‘t want to spend much. Will be happy with nice ones from eBay! What size struts do I need for my pfl.

Suggestions and links please?

Thank you
You need low pressure ones because of the weight difference of the carbon Bonnet

Best ones and most popular are these https://www.tegiwaimports.com/nrg-bonnet-dampers-hood-struts-01-06-honda-integra-dc5.html

I have eBay ones and they are pretty toss, they catch on the wing slightly and don‘t lift the bonnet up all the way when cold lol I will be changing them when I swap to a carbon Bonney

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mebz

Advanced Member
I just bought some dc5 ones from aliexpress.

40 quid. They seem ok. They are a bit stiff but ok.

I've got a carbon bonnet too.

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
Yes you legend and they are carbon fibre effect that‘s what I‘m saying!

How long to arrive?

Cheers

Mebz

Advanced Member
RaspyNoise said:
Yes you legend and they are carbon fibre effect that‘s what I‘m saying!

How long to arrive?

Cheers
A week or two.

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
A week or two.
This is a old thread of mine. I was throwing the box away (Carbon ones ordered from Ali Express) when a thin metal long strap fell out the box with bolt holes each end. Is that thin long metal strap bolted to the bonnet and then to the car chassis to stop the bonnet flying up and hitting the windscreen? Surely it’s not a earth strap lol

Last edited:

Mebz

Advanced Member
This is a old thread of mine. I was throwing the box away (Carbon ones ordered from Ali Express) when a thin metal long strap fell out the box with bolt holes each end. Is that thin long metal strap bolted to the bonnet and then to the car chassis to stop the bonnet flying up and hitting the windscreen? Surely it’s not a earth strap lol
Not sure to be honest. Don't recall anything like that on mine.