Carbon Collective products

bmargey

Anyone have any experience with these? In particular the hybrid coating/sealant, platinum glass and citrus cleanser. Looking through videos on Youtube and Instagram they seem to be easy to apply and yield good results. I've always gone with the rule "If it's too good to be true, it usually is.", so would be interesting to hear some folks opinions.

big-pete

Advanced Member
So, I tested Plat Glass at home on the thing that gets constant watery abuse- my glass shower screen, and after around 9/10months of at least daily showers/limescale remover and general cleaning it is still on there- I did a patch to test longevity/repelency.

I Endorse this product.

Repel is also great, use it on my trainers for testing and it works great, much better than WOWOs fabric spray stuff.

:) so yeah Thumbs up from me.

bmargey

For what it's worth, I picked up some of their products and got detailing last week. Here's a small review of stuff I tried if anyone is interested:

Citrus cleanser:

A pre-wash of sorts. Spray on before snow foam or instead of. Actually, really good stuff - just a minute of dwelling time and you can see a lot of the visible dirt soften up and trickle off. This helped make washing pretty easy. Would definitely recommend if you don't have easy access to a jet wash/snow foam lance.

A couple of annoying things to note however. Firstly, I used ~1/3 litre bottle to cover the car - maybe just me being generous. Secondly, I wish there was a better way to apply this instead of the spray bottle, my forearm was on fire after applying.

Hybrid Coating:

Potential alternative to wax that supposedly lasts for 3 months. I sprayed this on after washing/rinsing but before drying. Super easy to apply and you can get a lot out of a 500ml bottle given it dilutes. Ultra hydrophobic - that's noticeable straight away. Gives a nice gloss too but not as good as a high quality wax (Naviwax for example). It's been a harsh week near me, with rain and snow, and the coating is holding up well.

Plat Glass:

One of the ceramic coatings they offer, supposedly lasts between 6-8 months. I applied 2 coats to the windscreen/rear window and 1 for the rest. Absolutely fantastic. Bit of a sh*t to apply imo, but the results are worth it. Excellent repellent that is far superior to RainX and without any smudging. AngelWax h2go is pretty similar, but I'm interested to see how long this lasts, particularly with wiper use. As with any repellent, doesn't really warrant no-wiper use unless doing >=30mph.

https://i.imgur.com/qQPrKzM.jpg?1

Overall, very impressed with these products and would try again. Hope this helps anyone with CC curiosity!