Carbon Worx trader issues!

Lewis93

Advanced Member
I was recommended a company on here via PM called Carbon Worx. All I purchased was a carbon fibre plug cover.

It was £55 which I thought was ok and I purchased it on the 12th of December. He got back to me on the 29th and said it should be with me that week. By the 16th it still hadn't arrived, being quite a patient person I sent a non-aggressive message asking if the part had been sent or if there was any news, he said he had sent it but would get another one out to me if it hadn't arrived which I thought was fair and the right thing to do. It still hasn't arrived so I logged back onto Facebook to have a word and when I go on the messages it says I cannot reply to the conversation so I'm guessing I've been blocked. I think it's a lesson learnt not to trust traders I haven't heard of before but it's strange someone recommended them on here. Luckily for me it was only the plug cover and not the front lip I was going to order which he quoted £350 for.

nellly

Advanced Member
You tried ring them? Their number is on the website, looks like a mobile number though.

JezW

Advanced Member
Depending on how you paid..you can try phoning your credit card company and file a claim with them, they should help you out. Unfortunately you're passed the 45 days where you can file a paypal dispute (assuming you paid by paypal).

Mbk786

Advanced Member
I was looking to buy a lip from that guy guess I wont now, messaged him on facebook about It too, quiet a lot of people buy stuff from his company... do you want me to message him from my account and talk to him about your issue ? and hopefully get a refund.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
dreadful service, BUT the website looks typically unproffesional, only a mobile number, no shopfront, no address. i would never order from someone like that

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
There was a similarly named carbon fibre person who robbed my old Celica Club, Toyota Club and I think the MLR of £100's, unfortunately not many people got anything back. He even had the cheek to re-register many times to try rob more people, even to the point where he met up with 1 member and got pics with him to 'prove he is genuine and willing to change'.... Basically he built up the trust of all the mugs who proceeded to give him £100's more to then never be seen again, again!

Lewis93

Advanced Member
He has asked for my PayPal and said he will refund me this weekend, the tracking of the item is unfound for the second time for some reason so if I get a refund then guess I will have to take back what I said but until then...

Will keep posted on this as I don't wish to put traders out of business as it's how they make a living but I haven't got my refund just yet.

JezW

Advanced Member
That's bs mate, I wouldn't believe it for a minute. Why would the tracking number show up as incorrect not just once, but twice? And why would he wait until the weekend to issue a paypal refund? I assume just so that he can say the payment is delayed because it's the weekend...and then proceed to mess you about again next week.

It's been 2 months, you've been given two fake tracking numbers and he still isn't issuing a refund. Take action!

This has just prompted me to check my paypal account and I've got my debit card there, which would not be covered for something like this. I removed the debit card and added a credit card, which will not incur any additional fees (https://www.paypal.com/webapps/helpcenter/article/?articleID=94038) but may offer more protection. I suggest anyone that's reading this to do the same, it only takes a second.

Lewis93

Advanced Member
Sounds about right Jez, if I don't get a refund I think it's only fair to name and shame the user on here of the guy who runs it to help people out. As I said though I will wait out and give this final chance to get my money back then I've had enough.

Lewis93

Advanced Member
I received a full refund from Carbon Worx today - I guess mistakes can always happen with postage companies and just very unfortunate it happened both times the parcel was sent and then the comment about no address on the website made me a little more frustrated!

Still not received the item so it must of been lost somewhere in the system but I am happy with the refund at the end of the day and will be sending the part back and covering the postage costs if it arrives.

Even though I haven't been scammed I have taken from this to do a little more research before I buy things over the internet as I didn't check out their website etc before hand.

Lewis93

Advanced Member
I guess there is no way to truly know but I'm happy with the refund as I say.

When I read the post about no address I was a bit mad about it all and said I would contact the police to track his IP address and was it worth £55 etc then got my refund not long afterwards.