ceramic coating and vinyl sticker

Ed209

Hi all

After watching millions of youtube videos I've decided to ceramic coat my car (dont worry i plan this to take about 3 days with all the prep work i plan to do to it, including machine polishing) at the same time the integra type r stickers on the side of my car are a bit tatty and was wondering if anyone has any advice on weather to either
1 do the stickers first, then decontaminate, polish and ceramic the car
2 decontaminate and polish the car then apply the stickers and then ceramic coat the car with the stickers on or
3 put the stickers on after the ceramic coat

I'm leaning towards 3 as dont know how the ceramic coat would apply to the sticker, however i also worry about the sticker adhering to the coating but after the coat has cured surely it wont be an issue

any suggestions appreciated

wocka

Advanced Member
I think I would decontaminate and clay bar the car then apply the stickers as this will be the best for them to bond to

Polish the car but not the sticker!!! Then wax and ceramic coat over the stickers

Alternatively join a detailing page/group and ask on there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Personally I would decontaminate first, do the paint correction so there's nothing on the paint and then fit the new stickers.

Apply ceramic after fitting the sticker.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
This is the correct procedure I have always done on my cars when doing similar.

Full clean, then detail it, Decontaminate, Paint correction, fit new stickers to clean dry paint, finish the detail process and wax/ceramic coat/protection.