Changing brake pads on front?

izerosll

Changing brake pads for the front is really easy. You will need a few tools to do this.
Tools needed:
-Clamp
-12mm socket

After removing the wheel you will then see the rotor and caliper. On the back of the caliper you will see a bolt on the top and bottom of the caliper on the back. Unscrew both bolts on back and you will now be able to remove the caliper remove the caliper and you will know have access to the brake pads. The pads can easily be pulled off. If you should have difficult pulling them off just get a flat head screw driver and pry it off. Once this is done install the new brake pads. Know if you look at the caliper that you just took off you will see that on the inside of the caliper the round pipe has pushed foward. This is where the clamp comes into work. First get the clamp and push the pipe back into the caliper. Then remove the clamp and slide the caliper back onto the rotor and re-attach the bolts. This is a easy thing to do, but if you need help just email me or pm me. Email : f1nalzeros@yahoo.com
Good luck

FunkyProduct

Advanced Member
Hi
Thanks for the excellent write up. However I was meaning for the 2-pot Brembo front calipers on the DC5 ITR. I think the RSX just has single pot calipers and different pads.

izerosll

FunkyProduct said:
Hi
Thanks for the excellent write up. However I was meaning for the 2-pot Brembo front calipers on the DC5 ITR. I think the RSX just has single pot calipers and different pads.
LOL, That was what I meant. The process is the same regardless, except you know use the clap to decompress the 2 pots instead of the RSX single pot. If you want to decompress both pots at the same time just get a piece of wood or something thin and durable to put over both pots. Then get the clamp and decompress them both at the same time before you reinstall the caliper back on. Like I said the process is the same and the basics are covered. Just follow that extra step. The mian thing is to decompress both pots before reinstalling it back onto the caliper or it will not go on. Good luck bro. I have worked on my car since the day I bought it so I know alot about the DC5. So if you have any other questions feel free to ask. names Armando

FunkyProduct

Advanced Member
Ahh. Well I've done this job on my FTO heaps of times and on other cars, but never on a 2-pot caliper like on my DC5 (or my bird's Celica GT4). I'll give it a go when the time comes anyway :)