Changing To gear 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

12uSS 2

Hi ppL jus put a deposit on my dc5 and i test drove it today very Nice
but theres something bugging me when changing to gear 5. When i changed to gear 5 it didnt go in properly, i pushed it to the right it went too far and didnt go in gear (eg. its like puting it in reverse but rolling)
isnt it suppose to lock so u cant go that far??

Because i drive a CtR and when changing to gear 5 it has no problems as it locks and cant push it any further.

Is this normal or is it a faulty??

And is there anything to look out for when i buy it??
Thnx Russ

12uSS 2

LoL posted 2 of them cos it was bugging me and no 1 is replying.
so when u change to gear 5 it didnt go to far wen pushed a bit harder?
eg Like goin in to the reverse bit wen its supposed to lock and go to gear 5 ???

MindMorgue

No, I've never noticed any probs finding 5th at all.

I have actually tried to get it into reverse when going forward just to see if the lock worked and all I got was 6th.

Adz

Advanced Member
Yeah.. same gear boxes?... mine neva bin a problem wiv 5th??.. now 2nd is a different storey.. :roll:

12uSS 2

GT-Culture the place im goin to buy my dc5 they should sort out the problem free of charge rite?? The guy who is selling it to me said it was normal and all dc5 does that :?
anyway cheers guys

russ

cfoster

Advanced Member
adz said:
The guy @ GT-Culture is obviously a bit of a NOB :evil:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I wouldn't say that at all mate. He is a nice chap, and with a very good sales technique...... which i laughed about afterwards with some of his comments!!!! I went with my gut feeling and decided not to purchase in the end, although the car i did view looked nice (the black one).

Chris

DC5-loveR

Advanced Member
RIGHT before anyone else decides to slag off my company, my DC5 or myself i ask any respect member of this forum to come and see the DC5 in question in the flesh, tonight, tomorrow...

This genuine grade 4 car simply doesn't have 5th gear issue.

RUSS when you came back down to collect your £1000 deposit I ASKED you to test drive the car again to which you turned that down fine, i also asked if you wanted to test drive another DC5 to prove the white one doesn't have a problem. To which again you refused a 20 min test drive after driving 1 hour from Essex.

I also never said 5th gear on DC5's are hard to engage, i said this dc5 isn't hard to located 5th gear. Be honest you were more worried about what your mum would think about the car

adj i don't appreciate being called a nob, why don't you come and see us ? I'm pretty well known in the jap scene, people who know me know i am an enthusast who loves jap cars... check my ref page for some of the 60 odd comments i've had time to put up. i will only bring in quality cars to the UK.

Not only are your comment incorrect Russ, but they are also damaging..

l33 btr

i brought a dc5 the white mugen from G T coulture last friday i have had no problems with it wot so eva & no problems gettin it in to 5th gear this is the 2nd car i have brought from them and no problems with any of the cars the car in question which Russ is talkin about has no problem in gettin into 5th gear as i have drove it for more than 30mins! please do not blame your poor driving on the car as we all know are perfect u do not deserve to own a honda, as u can not change into 5th gear

P.S. its not bens fault your mum wont let u have the dc5 go back to dream land as your loan has been refused. :D

CTR 2 DC5

First of all GT Culture is a highly respected company.

I have bought cars off them and have NEVER had any problems.

If you thought the fifth gear was dodgy, WHY didn't you look into it further and test drive it again and compare it to some of the other DC5 he has there :?:

The car in question i have test driven, and thought it gave a very nice ride and the gear change was slick.

Gt Culture from what i know and heard have sold many quality cars including DC5 which have never come back with any problems what-so-ever.

PEOPLE WHO READ THIS THREAD SHOULD DISREGARD ANY COMMENTS MADE ABOUT THIS CAR AS IT IS ALOAD OF B*****KS.

kaz6160

Ref GT culture

Hi everyone.
Just a quick word to say we also bought our dc5 from ben 12 months ago,there was no hard sale,he let us drive the car for 45 min and it was myself that said we had better head back!
He made us most welcome,said we could take any other car out for a test,was NOT pushy,and is very knowledgable about jap cars. WE have not had any problems with our car at all, and he still keeps intouch via email. Does this sound like a company that does not care i think not!!!!!

VERY HAPPY DC5 OWNER WHO BOUGHT FROM GT CULTURE.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

DC5-loveR

Advanced Member
wow thanx guys...

RUSS & ADJ I AM GOING TO BE IN THE OFFICE ALL DAY AS USUAL BUT I WILL TAKE TIME OUT FOR YOU GUYS TO COME TEST DRIVE MY CARS. THEN I WANT ADMIN TO DELETE THIS POST.

I DON'T MESS AROUND I HAVE SOME OF THE BEST BUYERS ACROSS JAPAN BAR NONE.

WHERE EVER POSSIBLE I HAVE MY CARS SEND TO PRIME GARAGE JAPAN. THEY RUN AND TUNE THEIR OWN PROJECT MU SPONSORED DC5 IN THE SUPER TAIKYU. I WILL ASK THEM FOR SOME PHOTOS OF THEIR CAR IN ACTION.

ADJ I FIND YOUR COMMENT VERY OFFENSIVE. TELL YOU WHAT I HAVE A TRADE STAND @ JAE I'LL BRING THE DC5 IN QUESTION THEN YOU CAN APOLOGISE TO MY FACE. BETTER THAN FROM BEHIND A COMPUTER SCREEN EH.

People should think before making libelous comments, i've seen the things said about Torque not having their auction sheet around... it happends from time to time even more so when an importer buys in volume.

T666YPR

Thanks for clearing that up.

Obviously no ill intent on my behalf.

Adz,maybe a little quick with the dissing.

Russ,you should have at least tried two if you were offered.

Admins a little delete please.

Trung

Advanced Member
I dont think this whole thread should be deleted.
Russ was clearly worried about the DC5 he test drove and hence coming into the forum and seeking help seems pretty much fine to me.
Maybe mentioning the name of the import company wasnt nessarsery.
Perhaps a little bit of editing of Adz's comment would be better. :idea:

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
I don't reckon this post or any part of it should be deleted.. why ... well because this shows that the seller, GT-Culture are not selling dodgy cars as they are prepared to come on here and offer anyone to come and drive one of their cars. Maybe the for mentioned car did have a problem and has now been fixed or maybe the driver just didn’t know how to engage the gear correctly..

Anyway my point of keeping this post is so people do not jump to conclusions in the future.. and maybe rather than the admins deleting or amending the post .. Adz should edit HIS post and remove what he said..

DC5-loveR

If you are looking for someone to test drive one or more of your DC5's I would be more than happy to come up and give them a canning, oops I mean take them out for a steady spin :wink: 8)

UW

Status
Not open for further replies.