Check Engine Light Error # 1... I think

MIVEC

Check engine light keeps coming on startup almost immediatly and staying on. Tried resetting ECU etc. Same story.
Jumped the ECU and it just gives one flash of the CEL followed by a long pause and repeats itself repeatedly meaning its error code no. 1 but couldnt find suach an error code as no. 1 on www.k-series.com, but then again this is an American site and they mnight have different error codes or something. According to JSpeed website it is to do with the Oxygen sensor primary but i've just had this replaced in Japan before it was shipped to me and now as soon as it came off the boat CEL shows up. Its running a HKS F-Con V Pro ECU so could this have different error codes than standard... and is there even such an error code as 1 and what does it mean ???

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide in advance.

BadBoy

Advanced Member
Could be that they never replaced the correct sensor or never raplaced it at all, does it look new from underneath?

MIVEC

Dunno, gonna get underneath tonight and have a look. They left the old one in the car though so im thinking they did replace it but just hoping that its a loose connection or something. Its turbocharged and theywere saying the the old one wnet to to excessive heat on O2 sensor due the the aftermarket HKS turbocharger.
But does anyone know if the single repeated CEL flash is making sense or not ?

corbie

Advanced Member
the pause is a zero so that would be error code 10 which is "Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor Circuit Low Voltage or High Voltage"

So I would have a look at that.

if the 02 sensor is was replaced due to excessive heat I would go and get my EGT and AFR checked in case it is running lean. Especially if you a running 95ron.

O/T
Whats the spec of the car?

MIVEC

I thought a long flash was a 10 and a short one was 1...

Whats EGT mean ?
Its got a Defi Air/fuel gauge, its never had a drop of 95 octane yet. Think its running slightly rich. Already blew the engine on a Subaru because it was running lean on 95 so thats something im gonna look out for alright.

Its pretty high spec, dont have time to post it all up just now but i'll get round to it shortly.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
EGT- Exhaust Gas Temperature.

If you can post more info on spec then maybe i can help, particularly ecu, is the fkon a piggyback etc.

MIVEC

I've got an Defi exhaust gas temperature gauge as well so i'll have a look at that.
The HKS F Con V Pro is a standalone fuel management system so i think it completly replaces the original ECU & is now located underneath the passenger floormat.

I think what im gonna do is remove the O2 sensor form the DC5 (if its easily done) and put it into my DC2 and see if the DC2 gets a CEL. That way i'll know if its the O2 Senso or not. Ideally i could do with a diagnostic but the car is unregistered and cannot be driven anywhere. I was going to be taking it to USC in Santa Pod next weekend but it doesnt look like it now, i'll have to take the DC2 instead.

dor

Sounds to me your Lambda sensor hasn't been fitted to the new exhaust or was damaged when refitting.