CLK Detail session

phozy888

Advanced Member
well my old mans CLK has been sitting on the driveway for the past 3 years and as you can imagine it could do with some TLC :) The windows had moss and weed growing out of it thats how bad it was. So I decided to fix it up and get the car running again for the summer. Last week I stripped all the brakes and freed up the sticky calipers and rebleed the whole system. Along with a oil and filter change, plugs, fuel , air, pollen all done aswell. I should have taken picts last week but before I did a quick clean on her. Last week I jet washed the car and with 2 bucket method cleaned the car and clayed, this was done twice so I could get ready to do some polishing this weekend.

Today I washed the car again and clayed it yet again twice so as you can imagine the paint surface is now silky smooth.

Here is the car before I washed.

This is the bonnet look at them swirls!! :(

More swirls

Scratches on the door :

So I start off with 2 bucket method to clean the car and then re-clayed again.

The DC5 parked opposite drive :p

surface all clean and smooth - should be after 4 clay sessions

The car was rinsed and dried ready for polishing.

Taping up the front of the car

side :

Tools to tackle the swirls :

Sonus SFX 2 on SFX 2 polishing pad

Starting on the bonnet :

All panels polished and about 80% swirls removed - I then hosed down the car to get rid of the dust.

Time to seal the paint.

Sealed the whole car and let to cure for 1 hours - This is when I dressed the tyres and windows .

All buffed off and here are the results :

no more swirls on bonnet :

Going to let the EGP to cure & Breath overnight and tomorrow add a few coatings of collinite 476 that should protect the paint for a good few months.

I'll think ill do the DC5 tmrw or maybe not...my arms are dead.