Clockwise motion oil pressure

2Cent

Hey all,

I'm about to bite the bullet and order a clockwise motion sump baffle but wanted to hear from you guys first. I know lots of guys track with it "with no issues" but does it hold the oil pressure during hard cornering or does the pressure still drop a bit? What is the limit of the clockwise motion baffle?

I had this issue before so I had a custom baffle made and installed a pressure gauge, it seems to have helped a bit but not enough, my oil pressure is at 75psi or higher down the straight but drops to 25psi under cornering at 1.2-1.3g. Oil light doesn't light up but vtec drops out. Can I expect a clockwise motion baffle to hold my pressure at 75psi?

I can probably improve my baffle to seal better but the time invested is a hassle and I don't want to drop my baffle a third time!

SamDC5

Advanced Member
It's usually a case of overfilling, Civic Cup and most people who track will fill the oil to the twist on the dipstick myself included.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

20Drift

Members
Staff member
I’ve got a clockwise in at the minute, didn’t have any pressure issues at Thruxton or Snetterton, both of which had long corners where I was in VTEC with sustained G

2Cent

It's usually a case of overfilling, Civic Cup and most people who track will fill the oil to the twist on the dipstick myself included.

Yep I've got it up there.

2Cent

I’ve got a clockwise in at the minute, didn’t have any pressure issues at Thruxton or Snetterton, both of which had long corners where I was in VTEC with sustained G
That's good to hear, do you know what G you're seeing? In some corners my oil pressure only drops to 50psi, not as low as 25.

I should mention this happens for both left hand and right hand turns but the worst offender is a long right hander

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Yep I've got it up there.
I have the Clockwise Motion and overfill, I dont have a pressure gauge but I ran Dunlop Direzza 03G tyres and it never dropped out of Vtec.

2Cent

I have the Clockwise Motion and overfill, I dont have a pressure gauge but I ran Dunlop Direzza 03G tyres and it never dropped out of Vtec.

Those seem like grippy tyres

2Cent

I'm having trouble getting the clockwise baffle to my destination, any opinions on the skunk2 baffle?

JustinEET

Advanced Member
The Skunk2 is essentially the same design, I think Tegiwa uses the skunk2 on that Time Attack civic.
I use the Skunk2 as well.
It needs to be overfilled still.
I will recommend Unit2 pans from now on.