Clutch Problems

Colinjuk

Hi all

Clutch snatches when engaging and more so releasing the engine will jolt back under load, clutch has recently been done, after a bleed seemed ok, but after about 300 miles its the same again.

Any one have this? and what did you find works?

I am going to fit new slave and bleed again.

Considering a new clutch line but is it worth it?

Thanks

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
look into new master and slave cylinders with fresh fluid. Spoke to a member on Saturday who had a similar issue and this cured it. If changing one, you may as well change both to avoid finding out it was the other part that was faulty and not the one you changed.

Colinjuk

Changed both slave and master cylinders with new fluid but when changing gear abetween 5 and 7k the engine jolts back, clutch feels like it snatches on and off.. It had a new oem clutch and baring not that long ago :( lost with this. All so new engine mounts and inserts all around.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Could also be a faulty TPS sensor...have you recently cleaned the IACV at all? Or if you haven‘t you could do. May help with the jerking. :)

Colinjuk

No i did not sadly it looked ok when i had the gear box off, car is now on 48k, still feels crap when changing gear. so it could be the Fly?

adam-r

All I can say is..... I put a new exedy stage 1 clutch into my stock rb25det, an original clutch and flywheel came out. The car drove terribly, and it wasn't until I replaced the flywheel with a brand new one that the issue went away.I also had to replace the new clutch because it was ruined by the warped flywheel.

In between trying to 'figure it out' I got a replacement Exedy clutch and I had the flywheel machined but it didn't help at all. Plus the guys who machined the flywheel were totally incapable which I only discovered after a load of hassle.

At the very last attempt we got a brand new flywheel and a stock clutch.
Sorry for the long story, but I'd defo suss out the flywheel mate

Colinjuk

I got a new fly and clutch fittied last September and you lads where right the fly wheel was warped,Not even done 2k on the new clutch and she is starting to joint the engine when cahngeing gear again, it looked like the the bolt that stops the free play was in possibly to much, Iv let it out, but the bite point is still at the top, not shore I can adjust it down.