Coilovers ???

P15UL T

Advanced Member
Well im still debating what to use to lower the car by around 35mm.
type-r-dunk recomends eibachs springs which look promising.
i saw the skunk2 coilovers which would give you a bit more control over the ride hight but cant seem to find out if there is anyone using them on this forum that could give me an idea of driving quality apart from the few folk that have the teins £££££.
any ideas peeps ???
cheers :roll:

Evs

Advanced Member
Are you looking for feedback on the Skunk2 ones in particular, or coilovers in general :?:

type-r-dunk

Advanced Member
on my first DC5 i had i put a set of the Skunk 2 coilovers on it. They gave me alot of probs as the spring preload on the fronts was for to low. Every time you went over a medium bump there was a large bang where the spring had fully compresed.
It did only cost about £30 to fix as i got some heavier loaded spring from Deamon Tweaks. I def had the correct springs in the box as i got S2 to confirm part No's.

Good Luck Dunx

P15UL T

Advanced Member
would like to know about the everyday ride quality of the car on coilovers,
i expect that you get what you pay for. :?
dunk what do the pillow ball mount do for the eibach springs and any idea of the price of them ??
im affraid that the tanabe coilovers are out of my price range simon but they look quality :D

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
For every day use, your better off with just Spoon Prog Lowering Springs, many will agree....

Mike

P15UL T

Advanced Member
yeah think i will play it safe and go for the spoon progressives or the eibach sport kit with the camber adjustments.
does any one have the number for TGM as type-r-dunk recomended them for the eibachs ???
cheers

type-r-dunk

Advanced Member
Hi P15...
The Eibach's will give a ride only a tiny bit firmer than standard and TGM's No is 01252811972 and say Duncan (Crawford Cars) told you to call. Have a chat with Tom if poss and he will point you in the rite mods direction.
Dunx

dobber

Advanced Member
If you want to wait a little bit more Tom at TGM Sport will be fitting the fisrt set of Eibach Coilovers for a DC5 onto my car \:D/

Think i'll give him a call today and find out if they are in the country yet :)

type-r-dunk

Advanced Member
Dont worry you are not the first, scaryprowler had them do his for one. Top company they really know there Hondas.
Dunx

dobber

Advanced Member
type-r-dunk said:
Dont worry you are not the first, scaryprowler had them do his for one. Top company they really know there Hondas.
Dunx
When did he get them done as they havnt been officially released from Eibach yet :?:

type-r-dunk

Advanced Member
He had his done about 6 months ago and i did my white on 2 months ago. Called TGM today and the Pillow Ball Top mounts are available.
Dunx

dobber

Advanced Member
Certainly is, im on about coilovers, of which have not been released yet :)

Though kind of made a decision yesterday to not get the coilovers and go for spoon springs and use teh saved money and get a manifold aswel :D

P15UL T

Advanced Member
yep me too, going to get the eibach springs and the camber adjustments instead of the coilovers.