Cold start.

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
My partner had to move the Teg it hasn‘t been started for approx 2 weeks. She started it to gain access to the Garage side door. She said it started straight away as she let it run for a few secs then reversed it back 4ft then switched it off.

As I normally warm the car up and cool it down even if I have to wait in the car 5mins before I set off I do.

Would this damage the car in any way? It may be a stupid question sorry if it is.

Thanks

skengdR

Advanced Member
RaspyNoise said:
My partner had to move the Teg it hasn‘t been started for approx 2 weeks. She started it to gain access to the Garage side door. She said it started straight away as she let it run for a few secs then reversed it back 4ft then switched it off.

As I normally warm the car up and cool it down even if I have to wait in the car 5mins before I set off I do.

Would this damage the car in any way? It may be a stupid question sorry if it is.

Thanks
Im no expert but I dont think any serious harm will be done if it isnt a regular occurrence

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Crackfox

Advanced Member
skengdR said:
Im no expert but I dont think any serious harm will be done if it isnt a regular occurrence

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Agreed. Just drain the battery that's all

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Nothing special about these cars, that‘s more needed on the likes of the RX7 as that cannot be safely started and stopped for short runs as it floods the engine, the DC5 is pretty much just an everyday normal car (built for fun so it‘s fine to do that), only thing it‘ll do is drain the battery

Warm up and cool down are more for if it‘s been driven hard and/or used on track etc to get the oil and engine round and up to temp and cooled safely and properly mate

JordanSuth

Advanced Member
As Carl says the K20 isn't anything special like some cars. I warm up and cool mine down after every run.

There's occasions where I have to move the car in or out the driveway as you described but it doesn't do any damage. I'd only be concerned if she started it cold and started red lining it haha!

Jordan

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
JordanSuth said:
As Carl says the K20 isn't anything special like some cars. I warm up and cool mine down after every run.

There's occasions where I have to move the car in or out the driveway as you described but it doesn't do any damage. I'd only be concerned if she started it cold and started red lining it haha!

Jordan

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I hope she didn‘t redline it to see if it Rev‘s over 9k haha!

I was thinking as it‘s cold the engine oil would have circulated ok and not caused engine damage etc

But I recon engines are designed for this.