Compressing TV series episodes ??

Ken A

Advanced Member
Anyone know how i use dvd shrink to fit as many episodes of a tv series on one disc as I can ?? They are of Windows media file type. DO In eed to convert them to ISO or something ?? If so, How do I d this ?

Secondly, once I have the right file types for dvd shrink, how do i fit all the episodes on a disc ??

Cheers.

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
DVD shrink is used to copy one DVD to another.
A lot of retail discs are larger than 4.3Gb and sometime dual layer (DVD9) so DVD shrink basically compresses the video or you can choose to remove extras to fit to a DVD-R

mikegsi

Staff member
yep, dvd shrink wont be any good to you, version 7 of nero will convert and put it all onto a dvd for you, failing that winavi will convert it to the correct file, but you'll need to use a joining programme to build the dvd with these files

Ken A

Advanced Member
Thanks guys.

Ive used Nero 7 to do the job. I didnt think it would do it. It just extends the disk into super LP. I just hope the video and audio sync are ok. Ive had this problem with burning avi files to disk using nero 7.

Suped

Advanced Member
I use TMPGEnc 3.0 to do the compressing or vids then, Author to make the DVD as you want and nero to burn onto DVD disc.

T'is how to get music DVDs to watch in the car. :lol:

mikegsi

Staff member
i could never get away with tmpgenc, used nero a few times with no problems though, and for converting winavi has always worked, but only on single avi files, if im wanting to merge some i just use nero 7

Ken A

Advanced Member
Was able to fit 7 episodes of Prison break on a 8X DVD.

Theres one problem though....the further it gets into any of the episodes, the more out of sync the audio gets with the video :evil:

Anyway around this with nero7 ??

Ken A

Advanced Member
ghandi said:
all your questions answered here

http://www.videohelp.com/
thanks mate but its like trying to find a needle in a haystack in there :?

@ Mike....what tool in Nero have u used succesfully and if so, what what did you use it for and was the audio/video sync ok ??

Ken A

Advanced Member
Using nero Recode it only seems to give you the option to transcode video files. If I use the "remake my own DVD" option and import the avi files I want to burn, it wont let me move on from that screen.

I could use nero Vision but the audio seems to go out of sync with the video. I'd rather use the 2-pass encoder with nero Recode.

So can nero recode be used for burning multiple avi files to DVD or is it just for multiple video files to DVD format??

Can anyone help ?? Ive been going around in circles with this for a week now :xcry: #-o

mikegsi

Staff member
Ken A said:
ghandi said:
all your questions answered here

http://www.videohelp.com/
thanks mate but its like trying to find a needle in a haystack in there :?

@ Mike....what tool in Nero have u used succesfully and if so, what what did you use it for and was the audio/video sync ok ??
in the photo and video section of nero 7 i use the one titled 'make your own dvd video' and just drag the bits i want converting into it when it pops up, it explains it all as you go, takes a while to encode them though

Ken A

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
in the photo and video section of nero 7 i use the one titled 'make your own dvd video' and just drag the bits i want converting into it when it pops up, it explains it all as you go, takes a while to encode them though
ya encoding normally takes a while...a normal movie usually takes about an hr and a half so a few tv episodes would take about 5-6hrs. Overnight is the best bet here. I'll try your way Mike and report back.

thanks.