Cover note on chassis number (for registration)

loud945

Hi all,

My 06 teg is in the process of getting imported by Andy @200bhp, just wondering which insurance companies you know will give temporary insurance on the chassis number so that it can be registered by the DVLA.

Greenlight quoted me ~£550 which sounds incredible, but unfortunately don't do cover notes on chassis numbers, and would need the registration plate upfront. (something about people using them for the cover note, then going elsewhere..). So not of help to me at the moment :(

Admiral quoted me ~£750 but said they cannot give me a cover note until I have the SVA certificate, when I asked more about how i provide it, they said I needed to sort it out with the DVLA, I got the impression this isn't something they do very often or know much about..

Judging by some other posts on here I possibly need to try Sky next, see what they say.
Any help/advice appeciated.

Steve

loud945

No I am in the UK. I didn't know that.. seems like I've now learnt something else!

beppe786

Beppe
be honest Andy should advise you after all you have paid him to import it and register it right?

ookami_teg

Hi Steve,

Give Adrian Flux a call. Picked up my PFL 5 weeks ago and they insured me on my chassis number alone and gave me a few weeks after that to send them the registration number and other documents etc.

Hope that helps,
Dale