CPL dyno of my JRSC DC5

herts62

These figures are at the wheel and according to Guy at CPL equate to 295bhp at the fly. These figures are very different to the ones I got from Abbey Motorsport, they gave me 294 @ the hubs with less boost than I am running now! makes you wonder who's figures are true?

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Well whosever dyno is correct, that is still one damn fast motor mate..

Well done..

I went for a 16 min drive lastnight and didnt get one knock count :D

I guess the true test will be tomorrow on track

UW

herts62

Unnamed_warrior said:
Well whosever dyno is correct, that is still one d*mn fast motor mate..

Well done..

I went for a 16 min drive lastnight and didnt get one knock count :D

I guess the true test will be tomorrow on track

UW
Thanks mate, and good luck tomorrow, show those guys what Kpro can do.
By the way, Guy may have a solution over the flash thing but we will have to wait for Hondata to do something with the software, so fingers crossed.
Glad to see you have no knock too.

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
I will give it my all, but remember that I havent done this track before and I need to get use to the setup of my car .. so I am hoping by the afternoon I will be giving them a good run for there money :wink:

UW

T666YPR

V.Nice
Must be going some on road at 6k
"Pulling","Train" and "Like A" would rearrange well :D

spikerules

I'm thinking about taking my car to cpl for upgrades... CPL Racing convince me why CPL are the best!?

I'm looking at spending around £6000 on a standard CTR to get it up to around 240 - 260bhp!

T666YPR

Costa,

Why don't you trade in your CTR and spend some of the £6k on a DC5 for 20bhp to start and spend the rest on upgrades? :wink:

Simon

spikerules

Its not worth the hastle! Ultimatley I'll be exchanging my car with one that has the exact same engine! Agreed it's 20bhp in front of the CTR, but CPL said they could get me to 260 well within my budget.

Plus if I exchange for a DC5 I'll be spending more money that way. I don't think I could do I strait swap, but if I can I would like to know where!?

herts62

Its easier to make more power in the DC5 for some reason so if you have the budget to get one, I would, thats what I did. The DC5 is better in many ways over the CTR and looks bloody great. Plus the CTR is now as common as muck (still a good car, don't get me wrong). CPL will do a good job for you at a good price, I would have no worries in recommending them to you.

spikerules

Well I'm still paying for my car on Honda Finance and I have an option with them to exchange my car for a better model anytime I wish and just pay the extra on top. But they only sell second hand ITR and they're the old 1.8 models! I'd have to make some kind of deal with Honda and buy an imported one from japaneseperformancecars or Litchfield Imports. The problem with this is that i'll loose my exchange bonus and i'll end up paying too much in APR. If only Honda sold DC5's :(