Custom b pipe - best to match bore size of current system which is at what size?

MrRy

Advanced Member
I think Mugen's reasons are above any of us. I'm sure they spent many YEN on R&D. But who knows where the money went as they are a business with a range of clients, first and foremost. So looking at the package of being more than something with peak bhp which is useless on the road - exhaust sound, cabin noise, mpg, stock fueling, low down torque and power, production costs, etc. They don't care for peak power, they care about the entire package and what can compliment the car in every dept, not what gives it the most horse power over the range compared to other makes that solely focus on weight saving, power gains and db limits, etc. Difficult one to judge. :)

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
My cousin had an ej once, came with a standard exhaust minus an aftermarket backbox.... A rep twinloop. Wasn't mugen but looked identical. Anyway, midbox got rusty, so he replaced it with an unsilenced bigger one. Definitely made a nice noise difference, again only on an old 1.4 SOHC, but I imagine it would be very tasty on a K20. Unfortunately it was before a time of camera phones so no video. Still useable every day still still, it wasn't defining. Just pack's a mugen noise with abit more punch if you like... A nice growl.

I would do it If I had one, if its a custom centre section its not going to devalue the mugen atall, and could always sell on if you didn't like it and revert back. We will never know exactly what its like on a DC5 untill its tried unfortunately.

BenjiDC5R

Bump update...
I have a twin loop Mugen exhaust and a Skunk2 alpha header I wanna make the car sound slightly louder, would changing the midpipe/b pipe do the job??

Thanks again

p1tse

Advanced Member
BenjiDC5R said:
Bump update...
I have a twin loop Mugen exhaust and a Skunk2 alpha header I wanna make the car sound slightly louder, would changing the midpipe/b pipe do the job??

Thanks again
Get a decat mani

BenjiDC5R

Patch_teg said:
Get a decat mani
Already got one, the alpha skunk2 header!
I want to keep my twin loop exhaust but make it somewhat louder so I was thinking having a b/straight pipe would do the job?

p1tse

Advanced Member
BenjiDC5R said:
Already got one, the alpha skunk2 header!
I want to keep my twin loop exhaust but make it somewhat louder so I was thinking having a b/straight pipe would do the job?
I miss read that, thinking you‘ve got a skunk2 inlet mani

What intake do you have?
Have you the parcel shelf as just taking that out amplifies sound a bit with seats down

BenjiDC5R

Patch_teg said:
I miss read that, thinking you‘ve got a skunk2 inlet mani

What intake do you have?
Have you the parcel shelf as just taking that out amplifies sound a bit with seats down
Are intake I have the password JDM and one photo I have the stock manifold but I‘m looking at the ProSeries skunk2.

I am to be honest looking at the skunk2 Megapower R or RR. Keeping my Mugen twin loop safe at home. I have the Mugen air intake box safe too.
I‘m just keen for a bit more noise and power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk