Cutting out silincer fujitsubo rm01a

s_barker@hotmail.co.uk

Hi guys I've got a fujitsubo rm01a and after more noise. I'm considering cutting the centre silencer out although my mate thinks it's a bad idea as it's a good exhaust. He says sell it and buy a different exhaust!

My question is has anyone cut out the silincer or heard what it sounds like?

Reggie91

Advanced Member
I would listen to your mate. Rmo1a is a quality exhaust. Perfect for track days, power gains etc.

I would sell and get something louder.

s_barker@hotmail.co.uk

When cutting the centre section out the plan is to have a slot connection so i can put it back in when needed. Not sure it'll ever go back in but the option will be there. Closest track to me is knockhill and there's no noise limits.

Last type r I had was an ep3 with spoon manifold, b pipe and n1 box. Loved the noise of that and wanting that kinda buzzing rasp noise again.

lewis87

Advanced Member
I would go for another exhaust that makes the sorta sound you are after.

I'm not far from Knockhill either and just sold my Spoon N1 and went back to OEM. I could be interested in your RM01A if you are looking to sell.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I wouldn't be cutting up such a great system, better off selling it and buying something more too your taste and requirements mate

Lemons

Advanced Member
Check the new price, Torque GT sell them, and then take off a good chunk for the risk / potential hassle of buying second hand. If you price it too high, people will just go for a new one.

s_barker@hotmail.co.uk

Can buy an exhaust from torque gt from £668 not sure if that includes delivery or not. Can't really go wrong with an exhaust though as long as it's not really old and the welds are ok

carl hammond

Advanced Member
As said above, depends on age, condition, if you bought it new hem that helps as people know how it‘s been used and if it‘s been maintained

Can go for anything from 500 upwards if in good condition and 600 - 650 if very very good mate

It‘s an amazing system so should sell quite quickly

lewis87

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
As said above, depends on age, condition, if you bought it new hem that helps as people know how it‘s been used and if it‘s been maintained
Can go for anything from 500 upwards if in good condition and 600 - 650 if very very good mate
It‘s an amazing system so should sell quite quickly
They are £700 brand new, I don't know why anyone would buy a second hand one for 600-650.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
lewis87 said:
They are £700 brand new, I don't know why anyone would buy a second hand one for 600-650.
Thought they‘d gone up in price, they are normally £780 new at torque gt but they have an offer on so they are currently
£663.00 so op maybe better off holding out til hey are back to 780 and price according to his ones condition etc

If his looks nearly new and is in great condition then £600 against a new one at 780 isn‘t too bad (as long as it looks new and is mint) else it‘ll be on the lower end

Lemons

Advanced Member
They are £700 brand new, I don't know why anyone would buy a second hand one for 600-650

This was my point.

I'm not in the market for one by the way!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
24Lemons said:
They are £700 brand new, I don't know why anyone would buy a second hand one for 600-650

This was my point.

I'm not in the market for one by the way!
After torque gt‘s deal ends they are £780, where are you seeing them for £700 ?

Lemons

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
After torque gt‘s deal ends they are £780, where are you seeing them for £700 ?
You're right I was looking at the sale price.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Just buy an unsilenced b pipe from eBay for under £100. Simple.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk