dash cam speeding??

Frazdog

Advanced Member
Anyone had any knowledge of wither someone can get you done for speeding with a dash cam?

guy was being a dick and then came up my arse so I booted it to get away. when I slowed down to take a turn he came up the side of me and was pointing at his dash cam.

could he get me charged?

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Police can use footage sent in to them from the general public to convict (generally used for accident reasons though and not speeding) as I wonder if the camera even shows his speed and if so anything he has done before hand will also be caught on camera. Unlikely it'll be used he was being a tool by the sounds of it, I have learned one thing, when people do this and get in my boot (so to speak) I slow down more and continue to do so until if needed I will stop...

Don't rise to it imo and just go about your day your own way, but I would be surprised if this is used (unless you really did break the limit and the other party was an off duty officer or similar.

But as said someone in my family is a traffic cop and they do receive videos from people but 90% are accident footage and evidence.

TomNorris

Advanced Member
Short answer is no.
Not calibrated etc. Wouldn't stand up in court and it wouldn't even get that far.

On the subject of dashcams a couple of months ago I had some guy reverse up a motorway slip road into my car which I had stopped because of him, all on camera, took it to the police and they didn't persue it due to "insufficient evedince & resource"

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Frazdog

Advanced Member
cheers guys.

I get that they are good for accident footage but as speeding I thought would be difficult.

he had passed me on the motorway. doing about 85 - 90. I was about 75. but with traffic I then ended up in front of him. when we then came off a bridge onto a dual cartridge way I went to pull out past the car in front of me and he tried to fly by me, but I had already started my maneuver. so he was now right up my ass so I just planted it to get away.

when he came up the side of me later as I was pulling off he was pointing at the dash cam. only issue now would be if he was a cop. but if that was the case im sure he would have stopped me there and then. at least have followed me off to talk with me.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
cheers guys.

I get that they are good for accident footage but as speeding I thought would be difficult.

he had passed me on the motorway. doing about 85 - 90. I was about 75. but with traffic I then ended up in front of him. when we then came off a bridge onto a dual cartridge way I went to pull out past the car in front of me and he tried to fly by me, but I had already started my maneuver. so he was now right up my ass so I just planted it to get away.

when he came up the side of me later as I was pulling off he was pointing at the dash cam. only issue now would be if he was a cop. but if that was the case im sure he would have stopped me there and then. at least have followed me off to talk with me.
I wouldn't worry about it tbh, at present (area dependant) there are far more important things they will focus on. Different if it's an accident with injuries etc or like in my area recently a hit and run of 3 people, this even if he did send it in I don't think would be looked at as no ones been injured or hurt and all the emergency services are currently under a lot of pressure with more important matters mate

Don't worry he was prob just being a complete tool (to be polite).

Frazdog

Advanced Member
yeh cheers. sure be fine then.

as you say with all that is going on just now, 1 person going a wee bit fast isn't their concern.

TomNorris

Advanced Member
He might put it on YouTube though.
You might become famous!

I wouldn't worry at all about the police.
You cannot be prosecuted for dashcam footage for speeding. Not without a speed reading on it with proof of calibration etc etc etc.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

JordanSuth

Advanced Member
I may know a little on this subject... you've got nothing to worry about! Pointing to the dash cam is a pathetic attempt to threaten you haha.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

JordanSuth

Advanced Member
Not a Police Officer but within that sector. And definitely not the camera van haha!

JordanSuth

Advanced Member
Yeah that's why I commented. Nothing worse than feeling you may or may not get done with something. We've all been there!

skengdR

Advanced Member
I have some police friends so will ask for you . Im sure they would say no though as they got bigger problems to handle , especially now .

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk